ID:1847040

Code:

Problem description:
First can i animate fonts? i simply wont some text to animate between colours using the animate proc. So will i have to just end up animating it myself? cause it wasnt working.

Also i know you can make a list of fonts. I have one font in my list if i started to add more such as 2 how would i change between the fonts?

Thank you examples would help as well

DanteVFenris wrote:
First can i animate fonts? i simply wont some text to animate between colours using the animate proc. So will i have to just end up animating it myself? cause it wasnt working.

If you mean maptext, you can animate the color var but it will impact the whole text. To do this you would want white text, and then you'd just set the color to whatever you wanted, and use animate() to change the color.

Also i know you can make a list of fonts. I have one font in my list if i started to add more such as 2 how would i change between the fonts?

I'm not sure what you mean about a list of fonts.
In response to Lummox JR
var/list/font_resources = list('AGENCYR.TTF') // To use A font you first need to specify the file somewhere. Let's do it now! :)

this is code I copied to find out how to use maptext font. Is there a way for me to add more text than just that

f.maptext = "<font size=1 color=white>[amount]</font>"

this line is how im displaying it. If i were to have another font in the list, how would i display that other one.

In response to Lummox JR
and yes i meant animating maptext, ill try it now. Yep it worked thank you. My font wasnt white, but black is what the problem was
In response to Lummox JR
also lummox while you are here another question has come up. Id like to make a trailer for the opening sequence. One idea is just instancing people in their own z plane and run a script. However i was wondering if i could just tape the script once with a screen capturer and than just make players play that video instead of instancing work which im pretty sure would be more inefficient. Is something like that even possible?
In response to DanteVFenris
You just add the additional font files to the list, and use them in either your interface or reference via html. The reason you're adding the fonts to that list is so that you can use it and not have to worry about users having the font or not.
In response to FKI
can you give me an example of it. Not too similar in html
In response to DanteVFenris
This is how I do it. First your CSS inside the interface:

.nametag { font-family: Cambria, 'Visitor TT2 BRK'; font-size: 9px; }

Then in my code:

#define span(id, text) "<span class = " + id + ">" + text + "</span>"

maptext = "[span(css_class, handle)]"

Where css_class equals "nametag" and handle is arbitrary text.
In response to FKI
Spaces around the = are bad form in HTML.