ID:1847214

Resolved
A new var, appearance, has been added to atoms and images. When you set this to another atom's appearance var (or the atom itself), it will change all appearance-related values including icon, icon_state, etc. The only vars tied to appearance that are not changed are density, dir, screen_loc, and verbs.
Applies to:DM Language

This issue has been resolved.
DM needs a var for quickly changing an atom's appearance to match another atom.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
A new var, appearance, has been added to atoms and images. When you set this to another atom's appearance var (or the atom itself), it will change all appearance-related values including icon, icon_state, etc. The only vars tied to appearance that are not changed are density, dir, screen_loc, and verbs.
Lummox, I had a question about this.

Will you be able to do stuff like, fcopy_rsc(appearance)?
Like, interact with appearance as if it's an icon/image - use fcopy to save it, etc.
An appearance is not an icon; the icon var is just one of its values. However, I do think it'd be reasonable to be able to combine appearances like the savefile code does, so this might make sense to add if the code is already readily accessible.
Ah, yeah, I was a bit unclear. exactly, like how savefiles handle it, flattening appearances into a single entity/file, (much like fcopy_rsc can do for /icon objects at run time).
I'd love it if saving the appearance into an icon file were possible (didn't I just ask you the best way to do something this would accomplish the other day? @Lummox).