ID:1848763

Merry Christmas!

My last post was getting quite a few good sized images in it, so I figured I'd start another. I got saving worked out mostly. Only one direction and size so far, but that is the easy part. The hard part was trying to avoid drawing non visible pixels to the icon. I worked it out pretty well, but I'm sure I can bump the efficiency up quite a bit. Took about three seconds to sort through, create, and export Santa Claus.

The direction and size stuff is just a matter of putting adjusted numbers back through the proc. I will have to redo the visibility each time, so maybe 12-15 seconds for a four directional icon of about his complexity. Not too bad, and again, I'm sure I can cut down on that a whole lot.

I realize this isn't the typical pixel art that gets shown in here, but I figured it would fit.
Sometimes I feel like making 3d models and taking screenshots of them at angles since I suck at pixel art.

The art looks nice. What is it for? If you don't mind me asking.
He's not for anything in particular, was just playing around. The utility I was showing in my previous post was just because I didn't feel like drawing iso stuff for a game I was considering. Lost interest in the game, but the utility is coming along nicely. ;) Hopefully I'll get it polished enough at some point to release it.
Well, what we have here is voxels, which we can choose how to render. Maybe Google some smooth voxel rendering.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Google some smooth voxel rendering.

This'll be fun. I have still yet to smooth off my own Voxel Terrain system that I made. It doesn't seem to be an easy task to understand at first.

0fps explains how. But not in a clear & programmatic way. It's honestly my own laziness that prevents me from reading that article word-for-word. Every. Single. Time that I go to it.

http://0fps.net/2012/07/12/smooth-voxel-terrain-part-2/
I skimmed through that as best I could. Might be a little much for something this simple. It would probably be easier to create an autojoining script and do it that way.