ID:1848954

BYOND Version:507.1284
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview - Build 10074
Web Browser:IE11/Chrome/Firefox/Spartan
Applies to:Webclient

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:If you define macros for letters such as the letter "C" in a .dms file they don't work in the webclient.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:1.Define a macro for the letter "S" in a .dms file as part of your project.
2.Start the game for testing.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:The macros will work fine.

Actual Results:The macros fail on the webclient.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?Always

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Untested.

Workarounds:

Define the macros in your interface instead of the .dms
You forgot the code snippet. I'll need to see what exact code you're using.

I'm sure I tested this at one point. Is this project compiled in 507? If not, any letter macros are interpreted as "old style" and would only be Alt+letter+REP, because older .dms formats did not support the use of letter macros.
Are you using Forum_account's keyboard library? If you are it will conflict with what you defined in the dms file.
The project is indeed compiled in 507, the code is below.

macro
X return "Talk"
C return "Get"
M return "Whisper"
Tab return "HotKeys"
Space return "WSay"
V return "Say"
B return "Use"
center return "attack"

While tab/center/space works, none of the others are working.

I'm not using Forum_account's keyboard library, so that's a non-issue.

They work fine if I define them in the skin though.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I was not able to verify this, testing in 508. When I defined letter macros in the .dms file, they worked as intended in the webclient. (They won't work as macros if focus is in an input control of course.) I'll need a test project if you're still having issues.