ID:1849227

Most byond games use the arrow keys by default if you wanna move, is there a way to change that using macroes or the game save files?
Yes, you would change it in your game's interface (.dme) file.

Wrong section, too. You want this in Developer Help next time.
In response to FKI
I was unsure if I should put it there, because I'm not making my own game. Just trying to change the way my character moves in another.
In response to Primo vulcan
Yeah, you'd do the same thing (as long as you can edit the skin file). You can get to it via Options and Messages by pressing F1 -> Client -> Edit Skin...
In response to FKI
What exactly do I edit in the skin files, or is there already somewhere I can check to find out? I see a lot of macroes in it.
1. Locate the Skins folder on your computer.
Commonly this will be in My Documents -> BYOND -> Skins.

2. Locate the hub entry that you wish to change the interface for. Note, changing interface skins for games will probably warrant no support from the hub entry developer if there is a problem. They may be friendly enough to assist, but since you are changing their designed interface, you're changing what they have planned and executed.

3. Open the interface file, it's a BYOND Interface (.dmf) file. If you don't see a file, try to re-download the game.

4. Open the macro list.

5. Select the direction you want to change, and change it to the desired key. (Double-Click the macro in the Key column, not the Macro column otherwise you'll be creating a new macro.

6. Save and re-load the game.
Keep in mind, not all games allow the skin to be modified. You also don't need to modify the skin to setup macros. You simply have to right-click the titlebar, select 'client' from the popup menu then select 'macros'. But as I said, not all games give access to these things.