ID:185094

ok How do i report somebody to byond admins and staff for taking down my game's Server and Then Giving out / Selling OUR source code?
You don't. If you gave them your source, there's not really anything you can do. And it'd be nice if you explained how he took your server down.
In response to Artekia
Artekia wrote:
You don't. If you gave them your source, there's not really anything you can do. And it'd be nice if you explained how he took your server down.i didn't give him the source we bought it from him awhile back ago and now he is being a totaly ass being disruptive and giving random people admin on our game and now he is Sellign What wE Rightfull bought from him...
In response to Malkortia
oh and he took our server down becuase we were nice enough to let him keep admin and he used shut down and said to use <font color=green>[foul language is not permitted on the BYOND forums]</font> IZOU and <font color=green>[foul language is not permitted on the BYOND forums]</font> EME (thats me)
In response to Malkortia
i have something to say ppl say that Xz is crazy, and i went to a website, ill send link, its about what Xz did in past and y he should be banned from byond
In response to Adam76
In response to Adam76
Yes..i was there when these events took place,Xz came onto the NI(Naruto Izou) server,said "<font color=green>[foul language is not permitted on the BYOND forums]</font> Izou" and "<font color=green>[foul language is not permitted on the BYOND forums]</font> Eme".After the statements were told,he went and shutdown the server.As i am saying this,he just did it again.

Now for one thing,he sold the game to the new owners,Malkorita and her friend.He is now intending to go ahead and sell the source code to anyone.
In response to JKaizer
JKaizer wrote:
Yes..i was there when these events took place,Xz came onto the NI(Naruto Izou) server,said "<font color=green>[foul language is not permitted on the BYOND forums]</font> Izou" and "<font color=green>[foul language is not permitted on the BYOND forums]</font> Eme".After the statements were told,he went and shutdown the server.As i am saying this,he just did it again.

Now for one thing,he sold the game to the new owners,Malkorita and her friend.He is now intending to go ahead and sell the source code to anyone.

Well basically...its Emer's fault and the owner fo' letting Xz hold admin..if they never did this they wouldnt have this problem..As fo' the source problem...the source is basically Xz's..he coded mostly alll of it..he took his time out to code, so basically he can do nething he please with HIS source
Moderating your server is your own responsibility. So is keeping control of your source code. These matters are out of Dantom's jurisdiction.

Evidently the person in question did not consider that he was selling you the full rights to the game. In any case, buying a fan game is not a great idea, since it's illegal to make a profit on fan games without explicit permission from the copyright holders.

Thread closed. If you wish to discuss your dispute further, please do it elsewhere, such as on your blog or in private chat or email.