In response to Southend_boi
None of those games ever got released...

I'll let you in on a little secret:Games don't have to be released in order for you to play them.

I played goa but that was back in 2009 thats the last byond game i played.

Really? To me, you sound like a drug addict trying to convince a cop he's clean. "That's the last time I smoked that sh*t man, I swear! I've been clean since like, 2009"

i don't play byond games... the quality doesn't live up to my art standards.

Do you add every game you ever play to your "favorites" yut put? I don't..
Yut Put wrote:
IchiroKeisuke wrote:
i don't play byond games... the quality doesn't live up to my art standards.

*now
*anymore

lol literally all of the games in his favorites list sans Chatters are failed attempts

bruh when will you learn

You're the guy who created in the past Epic (or w.e. the name was), offered it along with "multiplayer" for $5... Yet none of your promises were done- We paid $5 for a small game, with no servers, and which couldn't even be hosted due to its awful performance.

You are one of the worst BYOND developers and you haven't really done anything but attempting to obtain benefits out of your poorly made games.
In response to ArmitxeX
Lol, you realize yut has made more games of higher quality than 90% of BYONDers, right? Not to mention he's one of maybe five devs we've had that actually finish their projects in a timely manner. Epic:Legend was the only recent title that went unfinished and that was moreso due to BYONDs low ceiling.

What have you done, exactly?
In response to Kumorii
TBH when you pay money and the developer doesn't deliver, you are entitled to be a little salty. Even if the past games were good, people will remember the time they spent $5 on something and it never came.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Lol, you realize yut has made more games of higher quality than 90% of BYONDers, right? Not to mention he's one of maybe five devs we've had that actually finish their projects in a timely manner. Epic:Legend was the only recent title that went unfinished and that was moreso due to BYONDs low ceiling.

What have you done, exactly?

I'm a simple guy who enjoys playing games in his free time. I'm at the university and I'm not up to spend any of my precious time creating a game, even if I wanted to.

The thing is that, if you consider him a "developer", at least make sure to remark he's not a good one. I'm not saying he didn't work in that one game, but he did certainly scam the buyers who invested on it. I realize BYOND Games can be good when played on single-player, but Epic was not one of those. Full of bugs and quite lame after few minutes...

If only this community's spirit was nicer, more people would actually work on creating games. It's hard to find a post where people actually value the games made with BYOND, instead, all you do is attacking the fan-games (which brought a lot of players to BYOND, thus benefits). Meanwhile, if a "known" (for poor reasons) developer creates a somewhat playable game, all of you jump with comments full of false adjectives that have nothing to do with an objective review of that game
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
TBH when you pay money and the developer doesn't deliver, you are entitled to be a little salty. Even if the past games were good, people will remember the time they spent $5 on something and it never came.

I agree ^
literally all the games in his favorites list sans Chatters are failed attempts

Severed World? A bit unfair to call it a failed attempt, bruh! But I guess we'll know soon, huh?
am trying
this thread is the best type of thread

shots literally firing off in every imaginable direction
A contest to see who can shit on the other the most? Lmfao
I'm not sure why people dislike YutPut. I generally love his games.

I spent hours playing Epic. I also loved his experimental games such as Killthemall, At First Glance, and so on. And I cannot forget: I was really looking forward to his Castlevania-like game years ago.

The BYOND games I used to play:
* Casual Quest
* SS13
* Murder Mansion
* Helping ET test his RPG!
* Hurricane

That's really what comes off the top of my head at the moment. BYOND has fun games, but I see most of them as experiments that would be great for the mobile gaming scene.
In response to Calus CoRPS
People dislike Yutput because he's an asshole sometimes, not because of his games.

Wait, no. Usually always an asshole. His games are fun though!
In response to Calus CoRPS
Calus CoRPS wrote:
I'm not sure why people dislike YutPut.

Because like me, Yut's critique is usually honest to the point where people perceive it as an insult. In order to be "liked" on BYOND you generally have to sugarcoat everything as to avoid "offending" someone.

That's really what comes off the top of my head at the moment. BYOND has fun games, but I see most of them as experiments that would be great for the mobile gaming scene.

It's funny that you mention that because I was just playing Clash of Clans earlier thinking to myself "It'd be ridiculously easy to recreate this in BYOND". Back in 2005, we didn't have all these mobile shenanigans going on but now that it's actually a thing, it's easier to pinpoint what kind of games would excel in BYOND. The only issue is I don't think mobile is anywhere in Tom's plans. We only just recently got browser support - it'd be pretty stupid to sit around for another year and a half waiting for mobile support to roll around. Granted, I'm assuming the browser games work in mobile devices, but that's kind of half-assing it. I don't know, I'd just rather see my game actually on the Play store along with everything else I created.

You could always make a mobile game prototype in BYOND, and then pitch that to your potential team of developers to make the actual Android/iOS game. In fact I think Dream Maker should be marketed as a prototyping engine anyway based on how rapidly you can whip something up in it.
In response to EmpirezTeam
I pretty much only use Dream Maker to prototype my games now.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
People dislike Yutput because he's an asshole sometimes, not because of his games.

Wait, no. Usually always an asshole. His games are fun though!

^ +1
Yut Put wrote:
lmfao im the only person who has released an even slightly decent game apart from the games made for 2014 GIAD in over a year

let's talk more about how i'm the worst developer

Well, you could say that BYOND hasn't got any new -good game- for long (because no new games were created), but that's not a valid reason to consider yours good.
whats a valid reason to consider anything ive made in 2014-2015 bad? other than the fact that i often neglect tutorials, i doubt you have the competence to come up with a single argument against any of the numerous projects i've carried to completion in that time frame
Page: 1 2