ID:1853393

Resolved
Long account names did not verify correctly when logging into games.
BYOND Version:507.1284
Operating System:N/A
Web Browser:N/A
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
After being inactive for a month or so so, I decided to come and check up on the games I was playing. To my surprise I found myself confronted with a message saying "Your key is corrupt. To restore it, you must try again while connected to the internet."

I've reinstalled BYOND about 3 times, deleted the key.txt file several times, attempted to use different accounts (and got locked out one of my emails, but whole other story), and also given my friends a headache by ranting to them xD Oh, and changed my BYOND password. My computer system is Windows 7.

I managed to access one of my games briefly before attempting to get in another game and getting locked out again. What's going on?
Can you log in via the website?
Hi, CallMe. I found an issue in 507.1284 that I think explains your situation. We'll be doing a 507.1285 patch soon so I'll include a fix in there. In the meantime I suggest installing an older build (I think 507.1283 is fine) till the new one is ready. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Long account names did not verify correctly when logging into games.
This is actually a server-side issue, I realized, so the host will have to upgrade.