ID:1853559

If you were making an avatar based game.(The Last Airbender)
What would you put in it?
Are we talking about Avatar: The Last Airbender or James Cameron's Avatar?
Or Avatar as in player's have their own customisable avatar which represents them - Habbo Hotel style.
My mistake! I'm sorry, I mean the Anime version so The Last Airbender.
Are you basically asking us to brainstorm your game for you?
I think a key ingredient should be - airbenders. And sky bison, too. Yeah, maybe make a 'Last Sky Bison' game instead. That would rock.
The following came to mind:
  • Clearly defined point in the Avatar timeline so that players could incorporate "current" events in their stories
  • Preferably, game occurs either during or following the events of The Legend of Korra (I found the meld of bending and technology engaging).
  • Using Republic City as a central hub, with the option to explore locations outside of the city and in the other nations.
  • Character customization, including gender, appearance, and abilities.
  • Bending specializations. For example, water benders could choose to be healers or fighters. Earth benders could have a support role (building defenses) or fighters as well. And so on.
  • Viable options for players who do not wish to be benders (see Asami Sato), which is also why the increased technology in post-Hundred Years War/170 AG is so appealing.
  • Pro-bending PvP, including the occasional ladder competition to see who the champions of the "season" are.
I would make an Avatar : The Last Airbender minus the Avatar : The Last Airbender part. Just make a good RPG with elemental powers, make the plot about some war and then you as the player can choose to be a reborn incarnation that has the ability to learn all elemental powers at a hard difficulty or choose to be a character specifically bound to one of the elementals and make it easier to level and perfect the skills than the reincarnated. Then tie in some more features like minigames, maybe crafting, exploring, guild system, maybe some timed elemental wars that players can compete in in a PvP or a PvE style thing. Then, polish the game, make it a standalone and webclient, submit it to Steam Greenlight and then charge $4.99. After a year drop the price to $2.99. Then release DLC or microtransactions.

Make game, polish game, release game, profit.
Thank you for the replies :)