ID:185395

For those who don't know about this game, it's a strategy type game almost exactly like Age of Empires (mainly because the same company built Age of Mythology). It's a really good game and I'd recommend it to everyone, especially if you enjoy ancient mythology such as Greek mythology. What's better is the expansion pack Age of Mythology: The Titans. It isn't that much different to the original but controlling a titan is a lot of fun and the new campaigns are pretty cool too.

Believe it or not, I didn't post this in order to advertise. I was wondering if anyone owns either Age of Mythology and/or the expansion pack and would like to play an online multi player game?
Sadly not, AoE1 and 2, and Rise of Nations, no AoM or AoE3. I dunno, I got put off buying AoM, maybe someone can convince me, but I dont like the whole "Mythology" thing.
In response to Acebloke
It's sort of like AoE, where you take control over civilisations. Only in AoM, you get the civilisation AND a touch of religion. But their religion is mythology to us, you can fight using heros like Heracles (Hercules) or Jason. And you get God powers like starting a meteor shower or starting a lightning storm (Zeus's lightning storm (Zeus weapon of fighting was lightning bolts in mythology)).

I don't know, I really like it because I'm really into the whole Greek mythology thing. I love fighting pretending like I have some divine purpose and that certain Gods are favouring me while others are not. And interlinking Greek mythology with Egyptian mythology is also fun, although I don't know much about Egyptian mythology.

And you get Norse mythology, famous Gods like Thor.

The mythology part plays a relatively small part in non-campaigns. And even in campaigns, it doesn't count for much minus what's happening in the story (which is like an RPG with cut-scenes now, with of course the classic Age of Empires fighting style).
In response to Acebloke
I liked the mythology aspect - I mean, you got to use giant scarab beetles as siege weapons! How cool is that?

I do own a copy of the game (no expansion though - I was pretty tired of RTS games by the time it came out). I suck too much to play online, though; I haven't been playing it for years because I'm sick of the genre (blame oversaturation), and as a result I am totally out of practice. Not that I was ever much good at it to begin with.
DeathAwaitsU wrote:

I was wondering if anyone owns either Age of Mythology and/or the expansion pack and would like to play an online multi player game?

I need to buy it. I played it some where else before and I thought it was fun.
In response to Crispy
I haven't played it since it first came out and I was never that good either! All I do is build a wall around my city and hope the enemy gets scared of invading >_>.

Would you like to play sometime? I've added you to my pager, let me know.
In response to DeathAwaitsU
DeathAwaitsU wrote:
I haven't played it since it first came out and I was never that good either! All I do is build a wall around my city and hope the enemy gets scared of invading >_>.

Dude, have you been spying on my tactics or something? =P

Would you like to play sometime? I've added you to my pager, let me know.

Meh, I guess one game can't hurt. =) If I see you online then we'll talk.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
DeathAwaitsU wrote:

Dude, have you been spying on my tactics or something? =P

Are you kidding? I'd say that's a bad tactic, in my opinion. I've not played Mythology, but if it's anything like Empires 2 then the same should be applicable.

Now I'm not the kind of player who can drum up an army in 2 minutes and rush my opponent- infact, I can hardly beat a computer player on "moderate" setting. =p

I figure it's best to be dynamic- like a liquid, slipping through the enemies' hands. If you build walls and such, you're a target. Stuck in one place and the enemy can continually just wear away at you. From the start of the game I tend to establish 3 bases in different locations. From there I can strike my opponent's walls from different directions- simultaenously is ideal. It makes it look like you have a bigger army than you do, and is more 1336. I mean, 1337.

Plus, if they trample one of your cities, you have 2+ others to retaliate/rebuild from!
In response to Elation
Dude, I know. It was a joke. =P
In response to Elation
I find it is best to have a mass of units, split them up to about 30/70, send the 30 in first by a little bit, this will cause the AI to send his 100% after your 30%, leaving his base empty, or at least half of it. I could'nt tell you if that would work in AoM, but it works in most RTSs.