ID:1855292

Okay, so I am resurecting an old game kind of, theres a host of it but its based on old code and were still in the process of updating it all so it will play nice to BYOND.... however... "I" have this problem nobody else does, except they can relog and it will fix it for them, but when I relog the problem persists....

When I go to log into the game, sound works sure, however verbs don't work at all and ontop of that my sprite wont move. Game works fine, and it works fine on my account thats hosting the game, but cant really play on that since its on the VPS server that is hosting the game and theres alot of delay time to play this game or do anything on it whatsoever except to chat with people.

My username to host is Team-Hybrid, the account im attempting to log in with to do stuff as is Kadajz... I am wondering if it is an account issue? firewall issue? OLD CODE issue? This is code based off of byond 4xx... and a bit before then... its an old game... any possible reason for this...

Also I do not know if this is related.. but when I start through the VPS the ad's show before the game startup on team hybrid, however they don't show up on kadajz...
Have you tried a guest key or anything to test with? It maybe that something saved with your players savefile is causing issues in the game.

You haven't said what game it's though or anything so it's impossible to know.

It can't really be an "ACCOUNT" issue per-say because the problem is game specific.

If it were a firewall issue you just wouldn't be able to connect to the game, you wouldn't just have some functions in the game failing to work, you wouldn't be able to connect at all.

***Maybe you can give us some more information, then we will be able to help you, also try testing with a guest and if that works delete your savefile and re-create your character in the game and try again.

It could also be due to a programming issue in which case you just have a to be a proficient programmer and fix the issues yourself.

I know games based off 3xx series BYOND versions that are still working fine when compiled in the latest build, so that shouldn't be an issue for most games.

If you have any runtime errors you need to be sure to fix those first though no matter what they are, even if their warnings go ahead and fix them.
I tried with a guest key and tried with an alternate account which I used to host the game on and it works just fine no problems.. it just happens on this particular key for some reason... however due to some circumstances I cannot run any more tests because I have had to shut down the server and move, since im just now responding to the post... something happened rl side and im just now able to get on to even look into the matter...