ID:1855495

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I posted about this one, it was immediately deleted??

After the downtime, I could no longer open any games.
I reset some stuff, rebooted, and I could login finally.

About ten minutes pass and suddenly it stopped working correctly again.

Edit::

So I can login to most games now, but there is the one I play the most that still doesn't work. It's hub says unavailable, but people are still in game and actively playing it.

Waat?
Without telling us which game, we have nothing to look at. What's the hub entry?
I would love to link you to the hub entry, but its sorta hard considering since I posted this, the hub now leads to a NOT FOUND page....

I think someone at BYOND just really has it out for the game I like.

What was the hub entry? If you still have the link that's still useful to me.
ok - http://www.byond.com/games/MysticWorldProductions/MW
Hope its helpful - until just a little while ago the Hub was still up but said it was unavailable. (But people were still on and playing)

(My apologies, I sort of have this spread in 3 different threads.)

Whoops, put the wrong link, fixed.
Best response
That hub entry was an exact repost of one that was taken down via a DMCA request just a few weeks ago. I removed it, because it's obviously identical and nothing has changed as far as I can tell. While normally we don't go looking for this kind of thing, it was brought to my attention.

The author is free to run the game if he likes, but the BYOND site can't have anything to do with it. The only way the game can ever return here is if all infringing material is purged and it's reborn as a new game.
He had a nice little post about that as well. Which was deleted with the hub page.

I've played the game for quite a long time. It used to be a Dragon Ball Z game. Nowadays it is not. 98% of the Dragon Ball content has been removed.

While there is a hidden remnant here and there, the staff is actively removing them.

Meanwhile theres like 20-50 dragon ball z and other anime games that are 100% copyrighted material.

Are you saying that if I post a list of all these games to you here right now that you will remove them forever until every single word of the offending title is gone?
No one here has it out for your game. In fact, if it is the one I'm thinking about, I specifically contacted FUNimation and inquired as to why this was "targeted" as it didn't seem to be in violation of anything. By law, you are allowed to respond to DMCA requests so I suggest that the owners of this game contact FUNimation themselves. The rules for that are here: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ responding-dmca-takedown-notice.html and the contact information should have been supplied in the original notice we received and forwarded to the owner.

The policy here is simple: when we receive a notice, we have to comply with it or our ISP will just intervene. We do not do much beyond this. If a game is just resubmitted verbatim, that it is a pretty blatant violation. In other cases, it is more subjective. Generally, I believe that these games are targeted due to trademark violations (using a trademarked name as part of the game name) or possibly for copyright content violations on hub graphics -- I highly doubt anyone is actually playing the games (and I've even asked them). So that makes this particular case more bewildering since there appears to be no such problem on the hub, at least much less so than other games.

If the game is truly original, the owners shouldn't be punished for it. But these decisions really cannot be made by the Staff here. Again, I do suggest you have the parties in charge contact FUNimation.
Thank you a lot for the information. I appreciate it.

Most times when I inquire about issues [on forums] I never receive helpful information, so again, I appreciate it.
Why would you make an update verb on the program if it doesn't work?
Mystic World by MysticWorldProduction is Dragonball GT - Mystic World. A Dragonball/Z/GT fan-made game.

The game in question has been HUB removal evading, as far as I can tell, within 3 different HUBs. Not only that but the game itself still sports material that is in violation of copyright law.

Not only this, the game is still asking for public donations through the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mystic-World/ 1432421433636763?fref=nf

The game, in the past (and probably still is), has supplied in-game benefits from monetary compensation. FUNimation is not pleased with fan-made games making monetary profit unless it is pre-approved by FUNimation.

Actually I'd just like to clear up that Tom asked FUNimation about this game specifically because it seemed like a mistake, and they've confirmed that it was. Because the DMCA notice has been retracted, I'll relist the game as soon as the author gives me the go-ahead.
That's pretty surprising. I guess FUNimations legal team really doesn't do any research. I.E. see my previous comment.
It's pretty clear that Funimation doesn't do any research; remember when they slapped AirMapster's DragginBallz4k with a DMCA? They look for specific patterns/names. They don't look at actual content.