In response to Nathandx82
Actually, most companys that are successful, put Good Quality first, and selling well last, because even if your first game sells well, but its a trashy piece of crap that everyone hates, then how would you expect your game to sell well the next outting? What developers focus on is to make the game as good as possible, not make the game just have flashy graphics, so people would jump up and say "Ooooo i want dat", people are not that dumb, if they were, they don't deserve to play a good game.
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
Super Mario spans back to the Super Nintendo, are you talking about one particular game, or the franchise?
In response to Divine Apprentice
it was well known as a hush hush thing that the xbox 360 launch was going to be like this. One reason is like you said, if there were any problems this way with a limited release there wouldn't be so many complaints. Another is to build hype, right now the xbox 360 is one of the hottest items you can get... that's why it's so hard to find. The lack there of, and the price it's going for on e-bay have majorly helped out the xbox 360 hype giving it just enough time to start getting some more games out the door to entice people to buy it.

I don't see them doing bad at all, in fact I see every xbox 360 ever made selling. Go to any store, I doubt they'll have one.
The orginal Super Mario Bros for the NES.
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
That was the Arcade/Nintendo year, Nintendo didn't have much competetion back then.
ok now you're trying to compair a team squad based game to halo... no wonder you think halo sucks. You like a completely different kind of FPS. Probably should have clarified that you don't like non-realistic shoot em ups.

It's a lot easier to make guns from what you know in real life, than it is to make completely original guns (minus a few like shotgun and machine gun). Then also make completely original vehicles.
In response to Jon Snow
Halo sucks because it's just a shooter with a poorly done storyline.

</opinion>

Unless you give me a fact to why Halo doesn't suck then i'm going to still say it sucks, but i have no facts to prove that Halo sucks, i just think it sucks.

Opinion+Opinion = Arguement.

I got rid of my Xbox a long time ago, because of games like Halo.
In response to Jon Snow
This is alittle off topic, but did you know someone sold a BOX for Xbox 360 and got $2,000 for it? Seriously, someone sold the box, even said it was a box in the information, and got away with it.

Either way, back on topic. The Xbox 360 was a complete failure to most news and such. As said above, there were a lot of complaints about it, and the games released for it sucked ass. This is true, and this is Microsoft's fault. They basically released a buggy system so that they could beat the PS3 release (I don't know when that is), but that doesn't excuse the fact that they could have waited another month or two (Because it still isn't out) Did some hardcore testing, then released it with some GOOD games. This is their fault, they were stupid.
In response to Lector
Lector wrote:
Vortezz wrote
"> Actually making a profit is what counts

Damn. I guess pretty much everybody at BYOND is wrong then.

Move out everybody! It turns out people only make games for money."

Well...if you make a good profit on a game....doesnt that mean that the gaming community liked it? Otherwise why so many sales? So in the bigger gaming communities than BYOND making money means that you made a good game.

Lector

Technically, No. If the game sold good, that DOESN'T mean people LIKED it. For example, if they liked Halo 1, they would most likely buy Halo 2. But what if Halo 2 completely sucked ASS. That doesn't mean that everyone who bought Halo 2 LIKED Halo 2, they bought Halo 2 because they THOUGHT Halo 2 would be just as good as Halo 1.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5