ID:1858332

So... one of the problems I've been having is quite simple.

I'm using Windows 8. No idea about any of the rest, other than it's a laptop, but it shouldn't really matter.

If any server does not allow guests, I am unable to go on to it. For some reason, I can login on the site, as well as on the game browser, but when I try to join a server, it simply won't have me logged in there.
I have been able to connect to servers that allows guests, as a guest, but otherwise I am rejected before I can join.

I don't know what to do, so I am just asking in order that I might not make things worse.

Help?
You might want to check your firewall and or anti virus to see if it's blocking connections from and to BYOND.exe
That was not the problem. I disabled my firewall entirely while I tried to connect and got the same result.
The problem happening here is that Dream Seeker can't talk to the pager. This almost definitely means a firewall or other security software is interfering with the networking.

Here's something to try: Log in on the pager, then open Dream Daemon. If it says you're logged in as your name, then that means (most likely) Dream Seeker should be able to do the same. If it's not, it should tell you why: like being unable to connect to the pager.

ATHK is right about checking antivirus software too--they can mess with networking as well.
Dream Daemon has given me this message.

"Logging in........................
BYOND pager cannot be contacted on port #####(Obviously not the real one).
Logging in...
BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest."

Does this give you any idea of what I can do to fix this?
That fits exactly what I said: Something is interfering with the networking. (Either that, or something about the config is having an issue. If the port keeps changing with each new pager session, then it would seem the config is okay.)

What antivirus software do you use? What happens if you temporarily disable it?
Avast, the free version. Temporarily disabling it does absolutely nothing to help things along. I get the same result either way.
Hmm, I've had no issues with Avast either. Does the port change if you open a new pager session and try this all over again?

I'd also like to know where your config file is saved. Maybe there's some kind of issue accessing it. It's also possible that you have two different BYOND versions installed and competing with each other, which sometimes causes odd problems. It'd be good to compare your versions of the pager and Dream Daemon by going to the About dialog.
I have downloaded BYOND once, and installed it once.

The two programs are the same versions, and up to date.

The config file is in downloads, as is the program file itself. I have a shortcut to the program on my desktop.
When you open the pager and go to Preferences, there's an Advanced tab. That should have a button to open your user data directory; the config file I'm referring to is there. I want to know what the path is to that directory.
C:\Users\Armada\Downloads\BYOND\
That was the one in the zip package right?

Try the installer see if it makes a difference

http://www.byond.com/download/build/507/507.1285_byond.exe
No, I made sure that it was in the extracted folder. That is not the problem. :|

I tried it by uninstalling, then reinstalling with that. Waiting on it now.
No affect. :|
Could it possibly have something to do with the port itself?
Are you using any sort of bypass or network software like Hamachi or Tunngle?
No. ._.