ID:1858901

hello,

in this modern day and age of bidazzale and f2p video card overheating mmorpgs, is it still feasible to learn byond coding and make a game with profit in mind?
Minimal profits perhaps, depends on how you market your game, see - http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1850227

BYOND is really like a gateway drug into other languages, at least it was back in the day. It helped immensely for myself, getting into JS PHP HTML etc.
So I am guessing you are some sort of software engineer? Like as a job or freelance?
Me? That's my job title :)

Currently work full time for a small web design company and our parent company that is into Java/Grails/Groovy for enterprise SAP invoice detection.

Honestly though, give it a go the system is great just don't expect to make too much $$ .

I am forever grateful for BYOND and what it taught me when I was a lot younger, it was a passion that spiralled out of control into now IMO the perfect job I love doing.
Yea all I'm hoping to too make as much as a minimum wage employee monthly. That's my goal. Even that's hard to do on here. Don't expect 10 thousand dollars a month or anything