ID:185891

Well hello there BYOND, it's been a long time. I have been AWOL for about 6 months now, no excuse just no time. I graduated from college/moved to NYC/started to sink large chunks of time into a scary time eating MMORPG by the name of World of Warcraft.

I see alot of names I remember which is cool. I do have a little bit of time now, so I think I will start coding again.

Anybody wanna give me a brief synopsis of the last 6 months?
I know the pager rules are different, something about a subscription. Have there been any major changes to the programming language or interface?

It also looks like castle has done well, not sure what the byond rank thing is all about, but it looks like people still like it. Maybe the first thing I should start on is finishing space castle. Anyway, I look forward to getting back to work, thank you byond for being here!
Hi Abra, I'd quite like you to get in touch with me about something to do with Castle.
Drop me an email at [email protected]
In response to Xifiction
"Ben G" sounds like "Benji" to me. :P The name of a dog/movie.
In response to Sarm
In response to Xifiction
The G is the intial for his last name.
In response to Xifiction
Gilmore.
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Gilmore.

Gilmore Girls!
In response to Sinoflife
Sinoflife wrote:
Elation wrote:
Gilmore.

Gilmore Girls!

I'm important enough to have an entire subthread devoted to me.
In response to Ben G
Joy of joys, your very own subthread!

It's a boy!

_>
Abra wrote:
Anybody wanna give me a brief synopsis of the last 6 months?
I know the pager rules are different, something about a subscription. Have there been any major changes to the programming language or interface?

BYOND 3.5 seperates the pager from Dream Seeker, making the pager its own application that launches Dream Seeker windows as necessary, and has some new sound support. There is a new "BYOND Members" plan accompanying this whereby for $15/yr you get unlimited use of the pager (non-members cannot page each other, although they can talk with members over pager), as well as a blog and a little bit of webspace (see the BYOND Members link). And oh yeah--incidentally, the blogs include the ability to list 10 "favorite games" which are used to determine the BYOND rankings on the hub, based on which games have the best positions in peoples' favorites.

Most of those will be (or BETTER be) in 4.0. :)

It also looks like castle has done well, not sure what the byond rank thing is all about, but it looks like people still like it. Maybe the first thing I should start on is finishing space castle. Anyway, I look forward to getting back to work, thank you byond for being here!

Make sure to allow single players to play it. I'm one of those anti-social people who don't like playing some games with other people :P