ID:1859764

(See the best response by Magicmann.)
So, I have been playing on Byond mainly SS13 but now it is saying that the "Beyond hub is currently unreachable. Some functualitys will be unavailable" even though I clearly see people playing on the servers.
Have you tried closing your BYOND client and restarting it?
Yes multiple times.
I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling it about 3 times now, and it is still not working, when I first downloaded it, I allowed it into the firewall but yet now it is not working what so ever but I am able to play it on my laptop which is really laggy so that doesn't count for much.

If anyone knows a fix please let me know.
I would suggest pinging hub.byond.com at a command prompt to see what happens.
How would I do that exactly?
Go to Start | Run and type "cmd". Then type "ping hub.byond.com" at the prompt. If you can't reach the hub, that's the problem.

However since you can reach the site, it does seem somewhat unlikely.
So this is what it says

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Not telling you>ping hub.byond.com

Pinging byond.com [199.168.119.52] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 199.168.119.52:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\Still not telling you>ping hub.byond.com

Reply from 199.168.119.52: bytes=32 time=83ms TTL=57
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Even after pinging it, it still did not fix the problem.
Of course pinging it doesn't fix the issue. Basically, pinging is just your computer telling another computer, "Hey man, you there?" and the other computer replying, "Yea man, I'm here." Your computer measures the time it takes for a response and that's your ping time. If a response is not received in a certain amount of time, your computer assumes the server in not able to be contacted.

TL;DR: A ping is your computer checking to see if another is there. Your computer can't access the BYOND hub server.

Go to Start, search for CMD, then right click it and click "Run as Administrator". Once you have it open, copy the following line and right click then paste it into the command prompt. Once it's pasted, press enter.

Firewall Rule:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Allow BYOND hub" dir=in action=allow protocol=ANY remoteip=199.168.119.52

Basically what this does is tell your computer to allow any connections to the BYOND hub server. Once you've done this, it should say "Ok." in the command prompt. Type "ping hub.byond.com" again and if it says "Request timed out." let me know. If it says "Reply from 199.168.119.52..." then your BYOND client should work fine. Let us know what happens.

C:\Windows\system32> netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Allow BYOND hu
b" dir=in action=allow protocol=ANY remoteip=199.168.119.52
Ok.

C:\Windows\system32>ping hub.byond.com

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 199.168.119.52:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Windows\system32>

It timed out again.

Also, I appreciate the help.
Oh dang. Is this a home connection or do you stay in a dorm or use public internet?
Try running tracert instead of ping. It should tell you where the connection is being lost.
In response to Lummox JR
I don't know why I didn't suggest that... :p
So I did it, and I also tried removing the space from in front of the netsh command previously stated but anyway here it is.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert hub.byond.com

Tracing route to byond.com [199.168.119.52]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.

It kept going after this but I figured there was no point in letting it continue if its just gonna repeat its self.
So where is this connection? Home? Dorm? Etc.?
Home, I am using a USB
Is that machine able to reach anything at all? Seems like you should at least be getting some hops.
My computer is perfectly fine, everything works perfectly fine, except this game. As I said I was able to play it for hours apon hours the other day with no problems, but when I closed the game and got off for the night, the next time I went to get on it wouldn't work.
In response to Lummox JR
Same thing I was thinking. At the very least, it should show a connection to his ISP.

Are you currently using the computer to post here?

Edit: Please go back into the command prompt and input this "ipconfig /flushdns"
Yes I am using the computer to post here.

And I did what do I do next?
Page: 1 2 3