ID:1860009

I am just curious. He had a game out and everything...
Been quit.
Turns out when you get good grades and do pretty fine with the ladies, you don't need BYOND.

That's why I'm still here.
last time i checked he was hella butt hurt during the Silk Wizard drama back when we had blogs, which led to him removing membership benefits from GOA, which led to him just eventually fading away.
Baird happened. I happened. Then he quit. Then his account got hacked via windows live. Someone then decided to be him for awhile and run his game hub Goa.
Life happened (you know, work and stuff). Happens to everyone eventually.

Sources: The man himself.
His game source was released. Everyone mocked him for not being as good as he claimed he was at programming. Then he slowly faded away.
He is still around under key "DvK87", just posted on the BYOND Software thread.
In response to Dakumonki
Dakumonki wrote:
Baird happened. I happened. Then he quit. Then his account got hacked via windows live. Someone then decided to be him for awhile and run his game hub Goa.

lmao, forgot all about when he got hacked. i laughed for a good 10 minutes when he made that "um, someone just brute forced their way into my account" blog post. i'm not sure what was more hilarious - masterdan's reaction or the fact that someone was that damn patient and hellbent on compromising his account.

assuming his password wasnt something stupid like "password", i'd imagine that brute force took quite a long time.
Wasn't his source leaked because someone messaged him on MSN with a similar username to one of his dev team mates and they convinced him to transfer the source?
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Wasn't his source leaked because someone messaged him on MSN with a similar username to one of his dev team mates and they convinced him to transfer the source?

Yeah I think some impersonation was involved. Things like that happening on BYOND is why I've only ever shared my source codes in their entirety with one other person, and that was because he purchased it. Lol.
I don't know. He was a pretty rediculous guy though.
In response to Balzack
Balzack wrote:
I don't know. He was a pretty rediculous guy though.

The drama surrounding that guy was pretty intense back during the blog days.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

Yeah I think some impersonation was involved. Things like that happening on BYOND is why I've only ever shared my source codes in their entirety with one other person, and that was because he purchased it. Lol.

Speaking, didn't a certain someone that recently returned last state(before quitting) that any activity on the account would not be him and to suspect the account as being compromised? Hmmmm?
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Speaking, didn't a certain someone that recently returned last state(before quitting) that any activity on the account would not be him and to suspect the account as being compromised? Hmmmm?

Ermegerd. The plert thirkernz.
Leaked source is the reason why I keep any and all of my non-public code in private GitHub repos. It's easy as all get out to manage permissions, and GitHub supports 2FA, which means that I don't need to worry about the people I give access to my stuff getting compromised either.
People don't randomly target people's accounts and try to impersonate them.

Master Dan probably pissed a lot of people off. He seemed to like conflict and attention, so....
In response to Master rla
The person they're talking about(from what I understand) impersonated one of MasterDan's staff/friends to get the source.

The person I'm talking about*cough* was targeted by a community member that didn't like how he moderated(from what I understand).
In response to Master rla
Well considering GOA was home to alot of old school internet users and early nineties kids. Yeah he did when he gave it to Kobata just for him to screw it up. Thus some alliances within the game itself took it to a whole new level.

I know exactly who did it. But I'll leave em be. Because he's still here and I caused him enough trouble.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Nah they called the live helpline and said they forgot the password since they didn't log in since forever. It was dumb.
Page: 1 2