In response to Flame Sage
Yeah..This is exactly as it reads from a DS book with previews on games(found in walmart for free):

SPAN THE WORLD OF THE INTERNET WITH WI-FI
Play locally or globally with built in Wi-Fi and a wireless Internet Connection. Boundaries disappear, distance is no longer a factor. You can communicate and play with other Nintendo DS owners anytime anywhere. Special software required-coming soon.

And yeah, software is italicized in the book as well..

In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
So like what you're saying is.. I can "text" a person all the way in Maryland if I choose?
In response to Asguard
Asguard wrote:
Still no negative replies about the Nindento DS and the boasting of the PSP.

Goodjob BYOND! Keep up the good work!

DS is far superior in terms of gameplay experiences and innovation. There would be no reason to boast about the PSP because when it comes down to what the real purpose of it is (to play games) it just doesn't keep up with DS.

On-Topic:

Kirdy Canvas Curse
Nintendogs
Pac-Pix
Super Mario 64 DS
Meteos (A GREAT puzzle game if your into them)
Nanostray (If you can find it, that is)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Yoshi: Touch and Go
Wario Ware Touched!
Feel the Magic: XY/XX

There are many releases that are in Japan right now that are MUST-HAVE but I'm not sure how you feel about importing

Future titles to look for:

Trace Memory
Lost in Blue
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart, which will be online
Animal Crossing, which will be online
Metroid Prime Hunters, which will be online
Many more...

In response to Makubezu
Game Spy will be setting up a free online network with Nintendo to allow players to connect to a lobbly and play games such as Mario Kart and Animal Crossing Online.

I have dial up though, I wonder if I'll still be able to play. I read Nintendo plays on making a PC adapator, that allows you to use wifi even if you dont have a wifi capable router or something.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Game Spy will be setting up a free online network with Nintendo to allow players to connect to a lobbly and play games such as Mario Kart and Animal Crossing Online.

I have dial up though, I wonder if I'll still be able to play. I read Nintendo plays on making a PC adapator, that allows you to use wifi even if you dont have a wifi capable router or something.

Yep. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/611/611192p1.html

And yes, they are developing their own router for Wi-Fi purposes and an Ethernet Adaptor for Revolution.

In response to Shades
What I think would be cool..
Doesn't DS have a microphone? I think it would be awsome if that had like chatrooms you could go into and talk with it.

Page: 1 2