If that ain't hacky I don't know what is.
In response to TheDracheX1
params: other parameters including mouse/keyboard flags, icon offsets, etc.; see mouse control

icon-x, icon-y: Pixel coordinates within the icon; 1,1 is the lower left

screen-loc: Pixel coordinates in screen_loc format ("[tile_x]:[pixel_x],[tile_y]:[pixel_y]")

left, middle, right: Mouse buttons pressed/held/released

ctrl, shift, alt: Keys held down during the mouse action

drag-cell, drop-cell: Cells involved if using a Grid control

Again, I would suggest reading the Guide/Reference.
As far as this feature request goes, I do agree a nice way to grab the coordinates without having to go through all the trouble would be nice. A client specific read-only var would be efficient. How that var is obtained, would probably be the same way I've said in the past 5+ comments because it's the only way to grab mouse coordinates at the moment unless you're putting a javascript in a browser and having that browser be transparent and then sending the data from your javascript back to the game and handle it from there.

With the webclient, this may be different and may open to more efficient Mouse procs without the bad overhead accompanied.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003, I know you are just trying to help, but I'm sure that TheDracheX1 was already aware of the mouse procs. You do seem to be missing the point. Currently, the mouse procs send a constant stream of data to the server, potentially bogging it down. What TheDracheX1 is requesting is that there be a different kind of proc that returns mouse information only when requested, avoiding what may be needless overhead. This type of setup may be vastly superior for games that don't need to constantly track the mouse, or keyboard keys if you extended the feature to that.

I'm almost certain that having a separate client frame rate would be a prerequisite for this feature to even be considered, so as the engine is right now, this probably isn't currently possible, but I suspect it may be in the future. If the client had its own frame rate, then it could constantly and easily track and store keyboard and mouse data, to have it ready when the server requests it. If most of the mouse tracking happened on the client side, there would be no network lag to worry about.
In response to Multiverse7
That's why I mentioned twice, "I do agree a nice way to grab the coordinates without having to go through all the trouble would be nice. A client specific read-only var would be efficient."

But the problem is, unless I'm missing something that Lummox Jr hasn't mentioned yet, is the only way to obtain mouse information would be to use said Mouse procs. Unless webclient is bringing more efficient mouse support that isn't already built-in.

I've had to repeat the fact that built-in mouse procs already contain the information they need. Location, Control, and Params.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
To clarify, these variables would exist only within the actual client itself, not the server's /client object, which is something completely different. These vars would not be directly accessible to the game. To get the values, procs would be called to request the information from the client.
Page: 1 2