ID:1861517

So, interestingly enough, the webclient doesn't work on the xbox360 internet explorer. Out of boredom I tried, since the xbox360 supports USB Keyboard and the internet explorer does support HTML5.

It does bring the embedded object up and attempts to load, but I assume a security function on xbox360's end doesn't allow the resources to download. I cannot afford an XboxOne to test but I imagine it may work with more success on that.

Just figured I'd throw some testing out there since, again, I was bored.

Xbox360 runs Internet Explorer 9, XboxOne runs Internet Explorer 10.
Uhm, I have a Xbox One. I'll test this in the morning for you. If someone doesn't beat me to it, lol.
Becareful about what ports your game uses chrome doesn't like "insecure" ports, port 80 might be a good and safe way to test.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Becareful about what ports your game uses chrome doesn't like "insecure" ports, port 80 might be a good and safe way to test.

I don't think Xbox 360 / One uses chrome.
In response to Gokussj99
Gokussj99 wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

I don't think Xbox 360 / One uses chrome.

Yea, they sure do use IE. But testing it regardless is still a good idea.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One actually do use a version of IE. They are Microsoft consoles, afterall.
Xbox360 runs Internet Explorer 9, XboxOne runs Internet Explorer 10. Of course, both are modified.
Even if it could run on the one I think other problems would arise such as the game not capturing any input from the Xbox
Just noticed I said they sure don't use..

What the hell stupid mobile..
I've only tested the webclient in IE 11. 9 is really their very first attempt to dejunkify the browser, but it still had a long way to go.
In regards to the Xbox One, you folks are correct. It runs on a modified Win8 environment with modified IE10 browsers. The vast majority of software is WWA (Windows Web App), which is predominately a mix of HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript (with a heavy emphasis on the WinJS-modified XboxJS library).

There's a big XAML push as of late, but you can still run web-based applications in XAML apps. That's how many of my group's flows run on native Win10 apps.

Gokussj99 wrote:
Even if it could run on the one I think other problems would arise such as the game not capturing any input from the Xbox

Microsoft has a universal app that is given to developers that includes XboxJS, much of which includes interactions between the controller/NUI/VUI/console.

Edit: Or we were developing it. I remember that there was a big demand for it. My colleagues were working on it before I got pulled off to work on the China release. I'm not sure how accessible that stuff is.