In response to NNAAAAHH
yep i know, i cant wait to have some
Quick question, but are online fitness trainers really a thing?
In response to Kumorii
seems like a scam
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Quick question, but are online fitness trainers really a thing?

Yes they are and they are much more convenient than in person trainers in my opinion. Who has the money to pay for a in person trainer anyhow? 30-50 dollars an hour 4-5 days a week? When you could hire an online trainer and nutrition coach. For a certain amount of period for a flat rate say 8 weeks is about $200 and this comes with a custom workout program for you and if they are professional they'll have a website which has a large data base that shows you how each exercise should be performed on top of that they will be your nutrition coach for the 8 weeks, creating your custom meal plan based on your goals which is either weight lost (either for competition, or you're over weight) or muscle gain. The client will keep the trainer updated by sending pictures and the trainer will adjust your diet according to how you look. You will learn how to track macros (carbs, fats, and protein) and learn how to eat properly. This is a very good if you ask me. This allows you to be in control and learn how things work, but chances are you'll need longer than 8 weeks to reach your fitness goals. All of this can be accomplished by the trainer sitting behind his or her computer and they can have 100's of clients across the globe. You just have to know how to market yourself (socail meadia... getting a sponsor wouldn't hurt either), but the biggest thing is you need to look the part, establish credibility which means you need to look good. My plan is to start up my youtube channel once I save enough to buy this damn DSLR camera and all the goodies I need for it, create training videos and what not.

This indiviual was coached through a online trainer (Chris Jones) http://beastmodejonescoaching.com/ click the link and check out how things work. I dislike the layout for his website with a passion, but I look up to him. He came from a far now through social media marketing (instagram and youtube) he's driving a BMW and living lavish (xD).
He even has a proffessional website ( http://www.pumpchasersclothing.com/ ) being set up for a new clothing line he will be launching. This man is pure motivation. My goals is to do basically everything he is currently doing, but I also want to compete, Men's Physique or Muscle Model incase you're wondering.
Fitness trainers are redundant in my opinion. Especially online. Why pay someone to validate your exercise when you can do it yourself for free?

I guess the motivation helps, but still.
In response to Kumorii
Think about it, there are many things out there that people can do by themselves, but choose not to simply because they are lazy and want someone else to do it.
But the other person in this example isn't really doing anything for you but tell you how many situps you should do.
In response to Kumorii
Another thing is people think it's all about the training, but they are completely wrong. Yes, your body will react to doing exercise and you will see some results because you are not used to it, but that will soon stop if you do not get your nutrition on point. Yea, anyone can learn how to do some sit-ups, but do they know how to properly diet? plus some people just don't have enough time in their lives to dedicate themselves to something like that.
A healthy diet isn't rocket science and how does having a trainer alleviate your schedule? You still have to exercise and eat for yourself..?
I mean it's the same way with relationships. Getting married is redundant when you can masturbate to achieve an orgasm and buy a dog if you need companionship, so why get a girlfriend?

Probably because even though you don't really need a girlfriend, she's still fun to have around anyway. Besides, if you've ever lifted, you'd know that having someone there to help you is actually extremely important. Ever got stuck doing a bench press before? Yeah, in that situation the last thing you want to be is alone.
In response to EmpirezTeam
But my point is how would an online trainer help you bench? Laptops don't lift weights off your chest just because you have some dude on Skype counting your sets.

I get the premise, I just think fitness trainers should be a face-to-face arrangement. Being online puts it into a grey area with pyramid schemes. Yeah, it can be legitimate and there's a lot of money to be made, but usually it's just a scam so the person running things rakes in money (hence the guy's "lavish" lifestyle).
In response to Kumorii
He has testimonials... creating a data base of workouts and then building a custom workout plan for somone isn't hard on top of the the coaching, you didn't understand what I am saying. Online trainers don't make you a program and then help you with it. If the make you a custom workout program and only that you buy it off them then go on your busniess. The real help comes from people who do the nutrition and custom workout in which the only thing the online trainer messes with is the nutrition part. Your workouts are soley depedent on you. If you visit his instagram ( https://instagram.com/beastmodejones/ ) and scroll through you will see many of his clients. He makes money from Youtube, his clothing line ( not the new one he launching), and he is sponsord by Gym Shark which is the biggest bodybuilding and fitness clothing line in the world. He sells custom workout programs? have a lagging body part go onto his website buy it and there you go something that focuses on your specific area. Chris Jones is not a scam. The whole purpose of online trainers is to reach more people (better profit gain) and it is cheaper than paying 30-50 an hour for a personal trainer who doesnt even help with nutrition just the training part. Do you know how long it takes to see results? Lets say the workout last 1 hour and we're going with $40 an hour ( the gym gets a percentage of the money he makes as well unless he/she owns their own gym) and you workout 5 days a week. That's 200 a week and it will take probably minimum 12 weeks for you to see some good progress. That's $2,400 for a trainer... who can afford that?
I've got testimonials too:

"It has come to our attention that you are making use of an unauthorized testimonial from Bill Murray, hereafter referred to as our client.

Our client has demanded that all promotional materials containing these unauthorized testimonials be removed, and that you cease their distribution. Failure to do so will result in a violation of 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and you could be held liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 per occurrence as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein." ~Bill Murray's legal team.

There's also this one:

"I find you annoying." ~Lugia 319

And who could ever forget this one:

"I don't care if he's as good as Bill Gates at programmer, I won't have people talk to me like that." ~TheDarkChakra
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I've got testimonials too:

"It has come to our attention that you are making use of an unauthorized testimonial from Bill Murray, hereafter referred to as our client.

Our client has demanded that all promotional materials containing these unauthorized testimonials be removed, and that you cease their distribution. Failure to do so will result in a violation of 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and you could be held liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 per occurrence as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein." ~Bill Murray's legal team.

Called it.
There's always going to be scammers... it is the internet. At any rate Chris Jones has videos and interviews with his clients on his youtube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/user/PhysiquesOfGreatness ).
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
But my point is how would an online trainer help you bench? Laptops don't lift weights off your chest just because you have some dude on Skype counting your sets.

You said "Fitness trainers are redundant in my opinion. Especially online." so I thought you were grouping them with in-person fitness trainers. I've never done any 1-on-1 fitness related thing with someone online before so I wouldn't know. Also, there are YouTube videos where people go over diet and show you how to exercise for free so yeah, going the online route does seem silly. The ab workout I do is something I learned from watching an Asian on YouTube do it, and the only thing he expects in return is that I sit through the 15 second ad that plays before his video starts.
In response to EmpirezTeam
I still think it's redundant to pay someone to go to the gym with you. That's my opinion. I still understand why it's a thing, i just think getting a friend to hit the gym with is more logical.

I still think online fitness trainers are a silly concept, though. Nothing they tell you from your photos couldn't be google'd or found out on your own for free.
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
that horse reminds me of rape

berserk style rape at least

Does the anime leave out content from the manga?
My god... those delicious, rippling, ebony pectorals...
In response to Kumorii
Not just photo, weight as well, but yea you can google everything that's what I did to learn ( I also took a nutrtion class laster at my college) everything is on the internet, but people are just too lazy and that's how you make profit not just with personal training almost everything to be honest. Someone doesn't want to do something on their own. What do they do? they hire someone to do it for them.
Page: 1 2 3