In response to GoldenArk
yes

original anime-never finished, leaves out tons of content

new movie series-never finished - leaves out tons more content

manga- is ongoing, authour barley wrights

In response to DanteVFenris
I was trying to debate whether I should watch the anime or read the manga. I guess I'll do the latter. You know what's funny? Dark Souls was inspired by Berserk. It just shows how games can take inspiration without ripping off content.
I was trying to debate whether I should watch the anime or read the manga. I guess I'll do the latter. You know what's funny? Dark Souls was inspired by Berserk. It just shows how games can take inspiration without ripping off content.

The anime is really badly incomplete. They never got the funding to do more than a single season (26 episodes), and they only really covered the golden age arc of the manga.

The series is really deep and philosophical. It's probably my favorite manga of all time, though that's not saying much because I don't tend to read a lot of manga because most of it is uninspired Shonen serials intended to appeal to 13 year olds... So yeah, I'm not really the target audience.

One thing I will say though, is that it's super dark. If the idea of rape and child molestation is something you completely can't handle, don't read the series. Berzerk really dives into the darker side of things, and not just for effect. Miura really tries to examine what these things do to the psyche of a person.
Is it dark like Le Chevalier D'Eon? I like stories that make me think. Shonen titles are entertaining, but they seem to follow a common niche. The tropes are so strong that story is on rails. It makes every other Shonen predictable.
also one punch man, one punch man and berserk my 2 favourite manga.

there are anime/manga suited to older audiences. Parasyte the maximum was a good psychological horror. Gants(manga), hellsing, claymore. Tokyo ghoul(manga). And a lot more. Some are really for any audience, like who could not find assasination classroom comical with such an original idea

Than some shonen me and my girlfriend both watch despite our ages. Im not going to put my age as a limit to my enjoyment. Not saying your doing that ter, im just saying thats what ive learnt. If people want to call me a kid for watching fairy tail so be it.

o.o
Page: 1 2 3