ID:1863525

Well, I have this game that's not going to ever get done with just me working on it. Don't worry, I'm not asking anyone reading this to help. Instead, I'm asking you guys to help me find someone that I can pay to do certain pieces for me(and how much I should be paying for these works).

Firstly, right now, I want to convert my skin over to on-screen prompts. Of course I can do it myself, and probably will. But, there are a few things I'm iffy on. For instance, I want to make a in-game forum that'll cross-save information with a website and forum I want to create to correspond. This will require a change with how I currently create/save characters, since it'll have to be saved to a central server. I'm not sure on that, either, since I've never done it. I should do that myself, however, since I want the experience. What I want to pay for is the creation of a on-map forum that'll include a 'auction house', 'seeking: quest', 'recruiting: guilds', ect. I expect it to take a lot of work, as I know it would require myself to dedicate a good amount of time to trying to get it right. I am willing to pay someone to create this system for me, I do not need the fleshed out version, if someone only wants to create and be payed for the basic forum setup that displays as a HUD, that's fine, I can do the rest, over time. I am willing to pay more for the more of the system someone fleshes out. Pricing? Not exactly sure what I should pay for this. I'm not rich and have bills to pay, so let's not go ridiculousness on shiz, pls.
The cross-save thing can only work with badges for the most part, and that requires membership now, I think.
I meant for a independent server, not just BYOND's hub. You can also set scores, but I'd rather not rely on BYOND's setup.
I don't think it's possible currently.
It's most certainly possible and very doable, as is everything I wish to do. I just lack experience in much outside of groundwork in DM and some Java, so I was hoping to get someone else to do some of that while I try to learn more web development, java, databases, ect.

Once again, please offer up anyone willing to get paid to do a project, time isn't a huge issue(since it wouldn't be released or most of the work I'll ask for done for a while). I'll likely pay for systems I don't have time to create myself. I would attach a price to this, but I don't believe I'd be very good at assigning prices. I thought $150 for the forum(with small percentile on the game(or company, if I find it close to completion) framework, but I thought that cash price might be low, but I can't actively afford much more.
The cross saving stuff do what everyone else does and use the DanTom.DB library and a MySQL database. It's already all available all you need to learn is the functions of the library and a bit of database management / MySQL queries.

Try asking Lavitz his game currently uses the system you describe and I'm sure he wouldn't mind a bit of coin.
Also this, if you don't want to purchase a service with remote MySQL access -

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1859816&first_unread=1
In response to A.T.H.K
Lavitz's game does? Never had the chance to play. I'll message him and see if I can scrounge up any public contact information.

Appreciate the help here, I'll do some more research into it, I was never interested enough in MySQL to try and use it myself until late, I planned on looking into it soon. Probably the next few days off.
I don't think his game is publically available at the moment.

MySQL is the route you're going to have to take if you want a BYOND game to interact with say a forum or forum logins and even a scoreboard.

So ideally you're going to want to learn PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and probably Javascript/jQuery at some stage.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
I don't think his game is publically available at the moment.

MySQL is the route you're going to have to take if you want a BYOND game to interact with say a forum or forum logins and even a scoreboard.

So ideally you're going to want to learn PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and probably Javascript/jQuery at some stage.

I understand html fairly well and CSS doesn't seem too complex. Haven't looked at PHP or MySQL really. jQuery, I think I did a codecademy course a year or two ago. Java I learned a tiny bit of in a highschool computer programming class(that was a joke of a class).
Java != JavaScript FYI they're very different.
In response to A.T.H.K
I don't know why I keep putting Java instead of Javascript. So unfamiliar with it that I forget the difference. The computer programming class had JavaScript. They allowed us to study independently out of books they had, but you had to ask while no one else was using them and if you didn't bring it back in time, they wouldn't let you take them again. Never took one outside of class for that reason.