ID:1863547

With stability and security enhancements in the latest builds, and some changes to the way the hub interacts with the software, it's time to retire some old builds that can't keep up.

Version 507.1286 was released Friday night, and it's the minimum build anyone should use going forward. (A FreeBSD build is still coming.) We recommend all users, and hosts, update as soon as possible. Very soon, all versions prior to 500 will be cut off from the hub, with one exception below.

In order to maintain compatibility with existing standalone games, for the time being we do not plan to cut off hub support for versions 500 and later. That will probably change in the future, once the few developers of standalone games have had ample time to get their users onto a newer build.

For the very very few users and hosts still running/hosting versions before 500, a legacy build has been created for now that can interact with the new hub and will not be cut off: 498.1164. Please bear in mind this version is very far out of date and does not contain many improvements made in later builds. (This too does not have a BSD build yet, but that's on the way.)

The first beta build of version 508 will be out this week.
I dun wanna
Did you fix the memory leak issue? Occasionally, people the version previous to this one would log out of games after a period, using the Dream Seeker.
FEED ME 508 PLZ
And so it begins... The fall of Byond has finally arrived...
The fall of BYOND? More like the re-invigoration. New owner means "get with the program, we're no longer being held back by legacy crap".

I like where this is going.
... I updated and now I cant play any of the games
HALP
In response to Playr55
Please post all the details you can in BYOND Help, including what BYOND version you're running, what steps you take to try to play a game, what happens when you join, etc.
In response to Lloyd Ishtar
Lloyd Ishtar wrote:
Did you fix the memory leak issue? Occasionally, people the version previous to this one would log out of games after a period, using the Dream Seeker.

I don't know what issue you're referring to. There was a leak in Dream Daemon with atom.locs (that fix is in 507.1286), but I'm not aware of a major memory leak in Dream Seeker. If you know of a leak and have a test case for it, or even any information I could use to investigate, I encourage you to post in Bug Reports. I can't fix a bug I don't know about.
Does this new version tell me where babies come from o.o?
where are the murder mansion servers
Update does not allow me to play any of the servers I have used to play on, what is going on will Phoenix and other Games similar to that die out without someone to update them to modern hubs?
In response to Ocnjak20
Ocnjak20 wrote:
Update does not allow me to play any of the servers I have used to play on, what is going on will Phoenix and other Games similar to that die out without someone to update them to modern hubs?

507.1286 should be able to play on any server. Can you clarify the issue?
Can you guys work on the DDOSing for byond games and servers? It ruins games and player experience when this happens.
Dunno, after updating I can not seem to be able to join old Phoenix servers, or one specific wipe themed Z Universe server. Also some kind of DDOS protection such as IP hiding after reconnecting and upon connecting to the server should be interesting to see.
I have managed to reconnect to one Phoenix server so it has probably been issue to me only, the other one is either down or host did not update yet.
Also could you make some kind of area for old Anime fan games on Byond. But make a rule that they are not allowed to collect any kind of money from byond or the users from byond playing on those servers?
In response to ArmyRangers
ArmyRangers wrote:
Can you guys work on the DDOSing for byond games and servers? It ruins games and player experience when this happens.

That's entirely up to the host to handle, not the engine. There's really no way to prevent issues on a BYOND-level.
How can you check what version you are currently running?
Page: 1 2 3