ID:1864086

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 43.0.2357.81
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I'm playing Roleplay Unlimited, a text based roleplaying game. I have four windows open, two separate servers on two keys. Collectively, they are using roughly 80 to 90 percent of my CPU. I've heard of multiple people having problems with other games as well.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Simply use a 507 version and log into any Byond game.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
To be able to play the games without it consuming most of my processing power.

Actual Results:
It hogs as much as it can, whenever it can.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
This happens every time, regardless.
In other games?
Due to not playing other games, I have no personal experience of this.
In other user accounts?
I am using two separate keys, so yes.
On other computers?
I've had multiple other people complain about it, so yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
The problem seemed to not occur in the 506 and previous versions.

Workarounds:
Redownload 506 or earlier and use it.
506 really isn't any different from 507 in terms of the work that the server and client do, and in fact 507 is more stable because it fixes some issues in list handling and other stuff on the server end.

The numbered steps to reproduce this problem are incomplete because this obviously doesn't happen with all games; I've tested 507 quite a lot. And you can't even say "any game" since you didn't test other games.

To clarify your situation, this happens when you're a player on a remote server and not running the server yourself? Or are you both hosting and playing in Dream Seeker?
I'm a remote player, not the host. I guess I'll try logging into a few other games and see if it happens there.
Seems to be working fine for me.
http://gyazo.com/ec325acb99d6c74729066b1ad309dc7c
Just to add to this report, I joined that server and chatted with Lloyd and the author. The culprit appears to be grid-related.