ID:1864857

My friend can't load BYOND properly.We tried everything(i think) that i found here,but nothing works.Can anyone help us?

It first time he ever launched BYOND.I hope someone can help us.
Operating system-Windows 7
Can you explain what you mean by not loading BYOND properly?

It would help to know where BYOND's data dir is. Usually that's in My Documents/BYOND. We've found in the past that there are sometimes issues when the data dir is on a network share.
I mean,the only thing works is home.Yes,it is in My Documents.
If you open the cfg folder under your data directory, and then look at localhub.db, I'd like to know how big that file is. I'd also like to know what the full file path to that folder is.

Now when you say Home works, you mean you're getting to the screen that has all the tabs, but you just can't open anything? If so, that would suggest you're having network issues, and I would recommend making sure you don't have a firewall or antivirus software interfering with BYOND.
He don't have localhub.db.
C:\Users\*username*\Documents\BYOND\cfg
Notihgn interfere with BYOND,we turned everything off.
Can you share what the username is? (That can be in a private message if you prefer.) One thing I'm curious about is if there are any special characters involved. That shouldn't be a problem these days but I want to be thorough.

Also, I'd like to know if that directory is read-only or otherwise doesn't have some of the write permissions it needs. Again that shouldn't be the case, but the fact that no localhub.db file is present in the cfg dir means something is wrong.
His username is Dadya Ashot
Yes,it is read-only
Have him change the folder so it isn't read-only. BYOND should be trying to do that already, but there could be a reason it's not working.
I'll try
No.Same problem
What happens if he runs byond.exe as an administrator?
Same problem happens.
Okay, I still think I'm missing a lot of info here. You still haven't described exactly what happens when he starts up, which could be helpful. I'd also like to know if any of his system is setup to read files over a network share, or if this is strictly using a hard drive in the machine.
When he launches BYOND.It starts,but it shows only home page.

I don't understand,what do you mean("I'd also like to know if any of his system is setup to read files over a network share, or if this is strictly using a hard drive in the machine.")
Where we've run into the most problems with the pager is when people have some of their files on a local network, like another machine in the house.

The lack of a localhub.db file is really odd to me because I would have expected the pager to be stuck on the loading screen instead. Out of curiosity, what is the full list of files in the cfg directory? And what are the contents of byond.txt, if it's there?

Byond,hub and pager.

hub-address-known 6001&20002
pnews_time 1433180314
hub-address-time 1433519905
hub_mtime 1433516223
hub-address2 20002
Can someone help us?
A couple of clarifying questions: When you said the user name is Dadya Ashot, were you referring to the user name on the system or the BYOND account name? The one on the system is the one I need to know, and it'd be good to know if that includes any special characters (that is, anything beyond regular English A-Z, a-z, spaces, numbers).

I'm still thrown by the fact that there's no localhub.db file in the cfg directory. That shouldn't be happening at all, but it would make some sense if SQLite had trouble opening the file. If you search the entire system for that file (I recommend using a program called Agent Ransack to help), does it show up anywhere else?
I was referring to the BYOND account name.It doesn't include any special characters.

We found localhub.db on disk D.
He reinstalled BYOND,and now we can't find localhub.db
Page: 1 2