ID:1864918

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
The ability to purchase a hub plan which adds hub-based storage (storage for only that hub, regardless if the hub owner has membership or not), and ad-free option.

So, basically, the ability to purchase a membership for the hub itself, regardless if the hub owner has membership. Then give that hub special features like storage, ad-free, and whatnot. Hub membership can be extended/gifted by members. Hub storage will only allow access from that specific hub. So uploading host files, resource files, etc. can only be made available to that hub as host files, or to servers that authenticate hub and hub_password.

Ad-Free option would check if the server hub and hub_password are correct, if correct then don't display the ads. The same exact method as player membership, pretty much.

Original concept for hub ad-free found here:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1864833

This is an extension of that feature request.
I like your idea of throwing storage into the mix, especially if I can work out a better way to setup resource mirror files/servers.
Adding on to this, an example I would like to see is storing/downloading savefiles to the hub storage and having servers with the hub authentication access those files. This would break away from client-sided saving where files could be tampered with, and breaks away from host-sided saving where files could be easily lost. Using hub (cloud) based storage would be pretty neat.