ID:1865501

Resolved
Long unbroken maptext sometimes overflowed its horizontal bounds.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 43.0.2357.81
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

All it takes for someone to break your interface if you use maptext is to spam a long message without any spaces.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Actual Results:

I've been struggling like crazy to get maptext working properly for on-screen UIs, including writing Javascript to DM workarounds. I can fix this issue myself using Javascript, but maptext really shouldn't be this unreliable.
You know the weird thing is, I fixed this some time ago. But maybe that fix is incomplete. I'm looking into it.
Thank you. I understand that you have a lot on your plate, and I really appreciate your input regarding maptext over the last couple of days.

Wouldn't it be easier to use an offscreen browser and grab the HDC of the render area and call BitBlt using that handle?
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Long unbroken maptext sometimes overflowed its horizontal bounds.
I don't think it'd be possible to grab alpha info properly with that method. Besides, using a browser for it would be kind of hacky in the DS implementation.
I guess I've gotten a bit used to hacks. You've got a good point.

I appreciate you getting to this so promptly. I'm amazed at the turnaround on this.
This turned out to be really easy to find and debug, so it was one of those fixes that's easy to knock out.
Oh, I can't wait for this one...