ID:186615

SUCKS ASS!!!!!
DUDE if you want to JOIN a person you have to pay or have the free trial!!!!
the hub was removed from the dreamseeker!!! you cant use ctrl l to quickly exit a game and get back in!!!! it SUCKS all those who want to petition this POST HERE

EDIT: ALSO ANYONE WHO SAYS IM FORKING OVER THE MONEY NEEDS TO WAKE UP TO 2005!!! NOONE SAYS FORK OVER MONEY! also.. gladly paying for this would be stupid... less DANTOM decides to make it a lot better...
Spiderdude wrote:
SUCKS ASS!!!!!
the hub was removed from the dreamseeker!!! you cant use ctrl l to quickly exit a game and get back in!!!! it SUCKS all those who want to petition this POST HERE

EDIT: ALSO ANYONE WHO SAYS IM FORKING OVER THE MONEY NEEDS TO WAKE UP TO 2005!!! NOONE SAYS FORK OVER MONEY! also.. gladly paying for this would be stupid... less DANTOM decides to make it a lot better...

First of all, stop using all caps, it's annoying & makes you look like an idiot even more so. Second, I think Dantom deserves the measely $15.00/yr. It's not much, and they've spent years of their free time putting this whole thing together for what - pretty much nothing but, headaches & little brats who think everything has to be free or else it's a dictatorship. Get over it, it's a great system & it's not like you can't use the website to join games. Also, instead of making threats or groping about it - how about you make suggestions to make the members status more valuable.
What exactly is this a petition for? Having Dantom revoke the membership offer, go bankrupt because they can't afford to maintain the service, and watch BYOND disappear forever?
Spiderdude wrote:

You can still join games. The purpose of not letting non-members see where other people are is because it takes up a lot of bandwidth for a couple hundred people's pagers to constantly check where everyone is. All that bandwidth costs money.

the hub was removed from the dreamseeker!!!

It's still on the website, and as far as I know it's staying there. I believe the reason for seperating all this stuff is so that eventually developers will be able to customize Dream Seeker's apperance to fit with their game. =)

you cant use ctrl l to quickly exit a game and get back in!!!!

Ctrl + Q will let you quickly exit Dream Seeker.

also.. gladly paying for this would be stupid... less DANTOM decides to make it a lot better...

I've had the pleasure of playing games and making money here on BYOND for a few years now, gladly paying for this is exactly what I'm going to do. Dantom has been providing us with a great utility and community for several years free of charge. It's not free to maintain, however, it costs them money to keep BYOND around. Would you rather they just trashed it? I wouldn't, and gladly paying them is how I plan to show it.

As far as making this better goes, they're open to suggestions. =)
In response to Teh Governator
dude dont come acting all high tail around me, GET THAT DOWN FIRST, and second everyone else i know hates the new system... i agree they deserve 15 buck.. but they shouldve made the new version much better!!!!! i meen come on!!!!
In response to YMIHere
you cant use ctrl l to quickly exit a game and get back in!!!!

Ctrl + Q will let you quickly exit Dream Seeker.

BUT it doesnt let you press enter to quickly back in
In response to Leftley
the petition is for dantom to make it better if they go9nna charge money... and keep the pager...
In response to Spiderdude
Spiderdude wrote:

Forgive me for asking, but why exactly would you quit a game just to come right back in? =\
He's Just an ideot...ignore him.
In response to YMIHere
Relogging. It can be handy for some weird situations in games.
Spiderdude wrote:
the petition is for dantom to make it better if they go9nna charge money... and keep the pager...

There's a bit of a catch-22 here. Dantom needs to charge money and cut down on bandwidth costs (i.e. pager) in order to be able to afford keeping BYOND afloat and continuing development on it.
In response to Leftley
Maybe as a special perk/incentive to members, dantom would let you host like 1 or 2 games on his servers 24hrs. Does that sound like a good idea? I mean, it's not like the games are that big and require very much bandwidth (though it does add up), but this way we can pay to host our games/support dantom. What do you think?
In response to OMGEP3
OMGEP3 wrote:
Maybe as a special perk/incentive to members, dantom would let you host like 1 or 2 games on his servers 24hrs.

Not host, more like just upload and store for people to download. I think that's more or less what's going to happen, or something.

(and DanTom isn't exactly a "him", more like a "them". :p)
Actually, as soon as I get my hand on the money I'm going to gladly pay for it.
Besides, those who make games and get payed for it should help pay for BYOND, in my oppinion.
If you don't like it, don't pay for it. There's no reason for you to try to stop everyone else from paying if they want to.
In response to OMGEP3
I like the sound of it. i think they should probably stick to a certain amount of space though, unless you want to pay extra.
Except Elation is probably right.
In response to YMIHere
Spiderdude wrote:

Forgive me for asking, but why exactly would you quit a game just to come right back in? =\

its called relogging, if you want your save file deleted.. you have to relogg for the effect...[personal insults are against the community standards]
In response to Jamesburrow
ok guys you have gone off topic... this is a petition thread... and if they take pager, i think we should get something instead....since AFTER ALL your trial version aint gonna last forever... this is comin from a person who loves byond... loves to use their engine... and so on... BUT i am not employed and wont be for a few years... wich is how over half of BYOND people are
erm.. guys.. someone tell me why dreamseeker wont start up... i restarted comp now DS wont open
Spiderdude wrote:
erm.. guys.. someone tell me why dreamseeker wont start up... i restarted comp now DS wont open

Maybe someone banned you. >_>

Just kidding but, you really need to calm down on the flaming. Griping about the new stuff isn't gonna do anything but get you in trouble with the way you've been going about it.

But, anyhow - it's probably because, you didn't download the complete version. Try removing it from your PC - then, redownloading the complete version.
Page: 1 2 3