ID:1866613

On March 5th, I purchased Arma 3. After reading the system requirements ( which I exceeded ) and knowing I played pretty much every other game I've ever installed on this machine with no problems, I had no legitimate reason to think I'd have any issues playing Arma 3. I was wrong.

I log into Arma 3 and the performance is a nightmare. I don't even know where to begin. I lower all settings to the very lowest setting, still no improvement. I close all background programs ( which, I pretty much never have anything running in the background anyway ), still no improvement. I get on my knees and pray to Buddha, still no enlightenment. Then I start alt-tabbing in and out from the game and Google, trying to search other ways to improve the game performance, still nothing. So at this point, I'm like

After 11 hours of this BS, I finally give up and go back to looking at pictures of Kim Kardashian's butt highly productive tasks. I mean, it's not like there was a refund button where I could get my 60 freaking dollars back.

Owait, Steam offers refunds now. Figures they'd do it 3 months after my incident. There's a few rules involved - you can't go over 2 hours and 14 days of purchase. As I previously mentioned, this was 3 months ago, and I spent 11 hours trying to fix the damn thing, so basically I have to stick with my poorly optimized, "tactical" shooter that only 10% of the player base plays tactically ( after watching YT, it appears that most people just run around in weird mods RPing ).

Anyway, I decide to email them regardless. To sum up the email I sent, it was basically me saying

But no, I sent them an email saying "Yo, I got the game, it never worked, I spent hours trying to fix it but couldn't, I know I'm past the time requirement but is you really with the refunds or nah?" Steam replies "ur past the 2 hour limit lol we're keeping ur $60, get rekt scrub".

I mean it's pretty obvious I wasn't lying about not being able to play the game, I hadn't logged into it since March 7 which was when I gave up trying to fix it. This is what being ethical gets you. Never again.
I got permabanned from Steam forums for complaining about a botched release of a game and requesting a refund. When I was living in South Korea, I bought a 4-pack of Borderlands for me and my friends. Unfortunately, because my 3 friends were all Americans, I couldn't play with them because of geo-locking at the time. I mentioned that it was absurd that piracy was the only option I had to play the game with my friends after legitimately purchasing it.

Permanently banned from Steam forums with no prior warning and no prior posts for advocating piracy. I've appealed the ban several times over the years, but Steam staff won't budge. Gabe Newell is in agreement with my reasoning too, which is the worst part.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/ 114391-Valves-Gabe-Newell-Says-Piracy-Is-a-Service-Problem

GabeN wrote:
"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem," he said. "If a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

Thanks, Steam.

EDIT: Oh, and the reason I was upset about the release was because by the time that my version was going to be unlocked, as I had rightly predicted, my friends had gotten so far ahead of me that playing with them just wasn't fun. Instead, I got to listen to them have fun on Ventrilo without me while I tried to appeal my steam community ban.

Not a big loss, though, that community is cancer. If you even post the word DRM, they will ban you without question.
In response to Ter13
Bruh. Never knew BYOND mods moderate on Steam too. Only explanation. Stephen strikes again!
I just don't play many lesser known games, actually to be honest I barley have time to play all my games. I still haven't beat outlast, evil within, alien isolation, dragon age, final fantasy zero, witcher 3. And a couple more but are less important to me for finishing.

So I ussually don't get bored enough to start moving to smaller titles. Unless it's indie horror. Indie horror is always great... Well maybe not always. So with not one exception every game I've bought I've loved