ID:186682

So surgury happened... I'm all beaten up and [stuff]. In quite a bit of discomfort.. woudln't stop bleeding for over 7 hours it was annoying.

For those of you who have never had intravenous anesthetics.. that [stuff] is painful.. burns all over, but its also comfortable at the same time.. You just go with it... then BAM your in recovery.

It was an adventure for me to say the least. To be honest I have a complex, one of many.. Being so resilient to most illnesses and having a very good metabolism I often need no help. But it's the moments of weakness that I truly enjoy. It's at those times you really know who your friends are. Even those you argue with :)

Thank you all for your positive feedback when I posted that I was having surgery the BYOND community and staff are good friends and in the past I was stupid and nearly lost that.

If any of you ever need help I will do as much as I can.
Glad to hear you're alright.

AND TAKE ANY AND ALL PAINKILLERS GIVEN TO YOU!

I had some wisdom teeth cut out of my gums long ago, and I was under the delusion that I didn't have to worry about medicine.

Well, not only was I falling out of my bed every morning in tears, I developed an infection in my gum right as the wound was closing. I recall finally pushing the rocky substance out of my mouth in health class (irony). It was hard and green and ripped my wound back open.

So don't be like me. Take your pills, unless you want to push out a pill-sized clod of puss. :(
Dareb wrote:
For those of you who have never had intravenous anesthetics.. that [stuff] is painful.. burns all over, but its also comfortable at the same time.. You just go with it... then BAM your in recovery.

When I had my surgery, I definitely didn't feel any burning from the anesthetics. I told the doctor good night and fell right asleep.

I go by my middle name, Ben, in real life, but for insurance purposes I signed into the hospital as David. In the recovery room, they said, "David, David, wake up!" I thought, "Oh, good, it's not for me. I can sleep more." Needless to say, this caused some unrest among the hospital. :-)
In response to Sarm
Thanks sarm, I was eating when I read about your hard green stuff.
In response to Sarm
yummy.. well Im gonna try to avoid the painkillers.. they have nothing to do with infection.. Ill be taking enough medication for my liver to scream bloody murder..

I will take the anti-inflammatory, I will take the antibiotics, and I will take the painkillers if Im in killerpain. Although.. Ive had many extractions as a child.. The teeth were itchy... thats it. and so far, thats exactly what its like now
In response to Jermman
Please dont mention food, I wont be able to have many solids until after my dentures are fitted :D
In response to Dareb
Dentures? Im at a loss..What did you have that you needed surgery for? And arent dentures fake teeth that usually older people get?
In response to Dession
The last time I went to the hospital they, thought my pendix was gonna blow, they ended up rushing me to the emergency room, stuffed me on morphiene. At the end of the day, it turned out it was a bad cramp from eating to much. The fun part was being in the wheel chari all day. ^.^
Dareb wrote:

I didn't really have time for any pain with mine. He opened the little valve attached to my IV, and thirty seconds later I woke up in recovery. :P

Glad to see you made it through alright. Hopefully you heal up quickly and can get those dentures in. Any estimates on how long that is going to take?
In response to Flick
2-3 months of eating soft foods that dont require chewing HOW FUN!!
In response to RavenHeart
I had to be pushed in a wheel chair when I was being let out, tried walking around a few hours after surgery and had to lie down.. Never felt that weak before never thought it would happen to me. I used to put far too much faith in my body.

This experience made me a little more realistic about my limits.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
That's alot of mashed potatoes!
In response to Dession
The other reply shows the reason, but no. Dentures are false teeth that many people of all ages get for various reasons. While it is common to see old people with dentures it is pretty common for young people to get them.

Most get partials, or bridges but in the end its all the same thing, even implants are forms of dentures.

I personally can't wait until I get them.. its been over 5 years since I've been able to properly enjoy my two favourite foods. Carrots with ranch dressing, and Quaker Harvst Crunch... mmmmm..
Feel better soon! =)

Out of curiousity, how will you get your protein? I can't think of one soft food which doesn't require chewing that contains any.
In response to Wizkidd0123
Refried beans contain protein, so that would probably work.
It's nice to here you're allright, my mother had 6 teeth pulled out in surgery and 6 dentures. My mother aint a lucky person though, her birthday is on 9/11, but it hardly matters to me what happends in america, cause i am canadian! Anyways, have fun getting stoned. ;P
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:

What are you tlaking about? 2-3 months of icecream would be awsome. :P
I am glad everything went well for you! Hopefully your recovery will be speedy!
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
What are you tlaking about? 2-3 months of icecream would be awsome. :P

No way. You'd feel incredibly sick, not to mention obese. -_-

Glad to hear it all went okay, Dareb!
Page: 1 2