ID:1867128

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Creating a well designed map is essential in our games. I've been using Unity3D for the past 2 years and it makes map making so much easier for both 2D and 3D projects.

I am sure this has been discussed in the past, and it's possible to create the features below by making our own map editor. But with a look over the recent announcements, it appears that more "essential" features are being added.

OBJ/MOB Dragging: This feature already exists. As noted by Kaiochao, press and hold ALT to disable the grid.
At the moment, to my knowledge, object placement is based upon the grid. If we want to change it's "pixel location" while in the map editor, we have to use nudge.

-Request:
I am not sure how feasible this is, but my request is to allow us to drag an OBJ/MOB pixel-by-pixel. When one holds CTRL+Drag, it will snap back to grid placement.

Build On/Hide Layers:
At the moment, if we'd like to build a multi-floor house within this 2D map editor, it truly becomes a hassle. Managing layers is not fun!

-Request:
Allow us to have a feature where we can view "All Layers between X & Z." In this mode, we can only see atoms with the layers selected. When placing down a new atom in this mode, it'll automatically set that atoms' layer to a "Building on Layer X".
+1, Yes please!
You can already disable snap-to-grid by holding alt. This info is located under "Help>General...>Map editor".
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
You can already disable snap-to-grid by holding alt. This info is located under "Help>General...>Map editor".

Interesting.

Thank you Kaiochao for the heads up! This helps out substantially and lessens the headache.

The ability to rotate a tile in the editor would be awesome. Having to have four separate tiles for corners is kind of meh, and that would help cut down on the overall asset requirements.

Unless I'm blind and have missed this feature.
In response to Khyberkitsune
There is at least two or three ways to do this I think, but none of them are as simple as just click, place, rotate.

I think it usually involves giving the terrain 8 directions, and changing the dir for the tiles within the code or map editor.
In response to Toddab503
Yea, I wish it were just that simple. I would've imagined tile rotation/mirroring to be just as basic a feature in the map editor as it is in the icon editor (though trying to rotate at any angle other than a multiple of 90 seriously kills the icon.)
You can automatically generate instances for all directions of an instance. Right click the thing in the panel next to the map display.