ID:1867510

I learned a lot of DM and such several years ago but due to restrictions it seemed to place, given my more ambitious goals for gameplay and such, I decided to leave it in favor of GameMaker and others. While I'm sure I can do what I want in GameMaker, or figure out how to in another engine, I prefer to use BYOND because at the beginning stage of design, I can playtest movement/actions/story/etc quicker and more easily, whereas in another engine I would more likely to be spending more time programming actions and making sure they react correctly according to the timing and etc (more work before I can see things in action).

So, while I prefer BYOND's faster deployment, I'd rather not waste the time relearning/advanced learning DM when I can't actually make what I want, or would have to make too many compromises.
----------------------------------------------------------------

[Zoom]
I found a code using winset() to change the client's scale size, so I figured I could use that and change the player's view distance to perform a zoom in/out, however I don't know how to do that.

[Mouse Movement]
I want to be able to click-hold and move the mouse around to the borders of the screen to look around in the distance. I'd also like to be able to click-hold and/ press a movement key to move towards the mouse direction or just look that way whilst moving.

[Vision Obscure]
I would like for things beyond obstacles such as walls and behind the player to be blacked/blurred and/or just invisible.
Note: I also want to do so to view the inside of buildings, while also being able to look outside/inside the windows.

[Jump]
While I'm at it, I want to jump/fly. I figure I could do this with an icon change and depth var to bypass anything not at it's height, as well as a scale change, but I wander if there's a less behind-the-curtains method to achieve this.
------------------------------------------------

While I have other concerns, both planned and compromised to exclude (such as any 3D), theses are my immediate concerns that would help to determine whether or not I would consider trying to try everything I can do and want in NYOND.
They have tutorials in the developer's section. You can find what you need there. If you understand basic DM, those feature should be easy to implement.
In response to GoldenArk
As I said, I'd rather not go through the effort of learning more DM when I can't actually do this/what I want.

(I meant to say that these were also things I didn't know how I would do)

I can't exactly go put my descriptions into the search box and actually expect results and the words alone don't describe what I'm looking for, so unless you know of any specific tutorials related to what I'm asking for, that suggestion does not help.
Edtion wrote:
[Zoom]
I found a code using winset() to change the client's scale size, so I figured I could use that and change the player's view distance to perform a zoom in/out, however I don't know how to do that.

I'm not really sure what you mean here. The map zoom does not have any bearing on the number of tiles in the player's view--it may impact how many get rendered, as some might be cut off when you zoom in.

[Mouse Movement]
I want to be able to click-hold and move the mouse around to the borders of the screen to look around in the distance. I'd also like to be able to click-hold and/ press a movement key to move towards the mouse direction or just look that way whilst moving.

BYOND currently does not have anything to capture the mouse and handle it at the screen edge, if the user moves the mouse outside the game window. Within the game window, I'd have to review what's available.

[Vision Obscure]
I would like for things beyond obstacles such as walls and behind the player to be blacked/blurred and/or just invisible.
Note: I also want to do so to view the inside of buildings, while also being able to look outside/inside the windows.

BYOND has a built-in opacity setting that can be used for this. It's only tile-based and isn't "pretty". Improving on that is more in the realm of feature requests.

[Jump]
While I'm at it, I want to jump/fly. I figure I could do this with an icon change and depth var to bypass anything not at it's height, as well as a scale change, but I wander if there's a less behind-the-curtains method to achieve this.

There's no one-size-fits-all solution, no. This is really easy to do in soft code, but the needs of games would vary so much there would be no sense trying to make this built-in.
In response to Lummox JR
[Zoom]
I was talking about two separate things, one (winset) that kind of does one thing to imitate the effect I want, and two (???) that enables it to not just resize the display.

[Mouse Movement]
I'm not trying to lock the mouse, I'm trying to find/read it to work with gameplay.

[Vision Obscure]
Yeah, I was already aware of this, with the big-black-blocks and such, but what I'd want is to also do this on a second floor, that contains a window looking down outside (on the first floor).

[Jump]
I figured there wasn't a "Jump proc" but I wanted to know if there was another way of doing it than what I said.