ID:1868341

(See the best response by LordAndrew.)
So, this person named Bloodyblades22 offered to make me a map etc. And he says he basically owns my game now. Sense he added a map and decided to tweak with a few of my codes. I updated it to v1.5 and has an old version. But if I were to remove him from staff, could he take down my game? 'Cause I originally made the game. I'm not sure how him offering me a map makes him able to do so. (Btw if I do remove him from staff, he said he'll pay someone to hack my computer and screw me over.)
Best response
BYOND does not "take down" games (outside of complying with a DMCA notice, which even in this case the user in question most likely does not have the force of law to attempt). Based on what you've said, you probably don't have anything to worry about.
The game is based off of Warrior Cats. The book. I have asked permission to make it too. .-.
Just a tip for the future, you do not have to give someone your source code, so that they can create a map for you.
Don't give your code away to someone whose sole purpose was to make a map. Instead, make a map editor for your game.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Don't give your code away to someone whose sole purpose was to make a map. Instead, make a map editor for your game.

Or just include only object stubs by removing all procs/verbs and leaving intact only the datatypes and necessary variables.
Well thanks guys, you've told me what I've needed to know. Also this was concerning me from when he first brought it up like a week ago or so? But that's all I wanted to know. Thanks!