ID:1868774

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hi, I've been trying to set up a server for a few friends and I. I went on github got everything I need, but now the only thing I have to do is port forward my router. I have an Arris NVG589 and I have At&t (I don't know if that matters.) So is there anyone who has this problem besides me?
Best response
All you have to do is go into your router configuration (usually you have a special URL to go to, like 192.168.1.1), and setup port forwarding from there.
I know that, but thanks.
In response to Balcaam
Balcaam wrote:
I know that, but thanks.

If you know that, you shouldn't be having an issue.. Check firewalls or anti virus if you've already port forwarded then..
I guess I'm just not understanding what you need, then. You mentioned you needed to do port forwarding, but the steps are pretty much the same with all routers.
Thanks for the help. I'm honestly not sure how to port forward.
It should only be a matter of going to your router's configuration settings, finding the right place for port forwarding (some routers used to call it virtual servers or such, but I think most of them these days have standardized the terminology), and setting that up.

Just pick a port you want to use, and make sure it forwards TCP traffic. (You won't need UDP or other traffic types.)
NVG 589 is a Motorola router, so do you have this and an Arris router?

Either way, the NVG 589, you'd want to go to Home Network > IP Allocation to setup a static IP address with the DHCP server. Then you'd want to go to Firewall > NAT/Gaming to setup which ports to forward though.

If you have an Arris router too, you'd need to pretty much do the same thing here. The DHCP piece can be called DHCP Resevation, Static IP, or IP Allocation. This manufacturer seems to use Virtual Server for port forwarding as Lummox had mention.
Well, it says Arris NVG589 on my router. It was given too me by those *long string of swear words* called AT&T.Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll try that.
i got arris to but everytime i try to host it says
BYOND hub reports port 100 cannot be reached by players.

A firewall or router may be interfering with your connection. For information on hosting worlds through a firewall or router, please visit BYOND Help or portforward.com.

i even went to my routor thingy to set it up and still it work d 1 time and then later it didint now it wont let me host someone heelp me