ID:1869416

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Maker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Hello again,

I think this one should be doable: a search feature so you can quickly find files/folders by "starts with" expression with wildcard possibility.

Current situation is that I know the filename/path of what I want to open, but I'd like to avoid going through the file list manually (wastes a lot of time).

It looks like this in Eclipse:

It would involve storing a list of files associated with the project. Perhaps this can be read when starting Dream Maker and stored in-memory.

When you press the shortcut (or click the appropriate command in the menu bar) a screen similar to the above pops up and focus is set to the input element.

Then you type the filename. In order to behave the same as Eclipse it would have to do at least the following:
  • * may be used as a wildcard, note you can also use it like "my*file" to get "myawesomefile"
  • It searches for filenames, not complete paths. You should be able to start typing a complete path to get the file you want though. For example, typing "code/modules/*client" should spit out "code/modules/client defines.dm"

Pressing Enter opens the file as if you double clicked it yourself in the tree.

Thanks again!
Have you tried the search bar that exists in Dream Maker? It's at the bottom of the file tree. It might not be as fancy as you're describing, but it's better than nothing, in the meantime.
Kaiochao resolved issue (Redundant)