ID:186948

Hello people

A few months ago, I decided to purchase a shell to provide Gekisen and another, FailedFate i think with space to ride their servers on.

I paid 10$ dollars and also placed planetbyond.com on there as a hook. I cant say that the service was overly good, and a few days later, I find the account has been disabled. When I approached the person, Sergio Lopez, he said that there were illegal DdoS activities from my account. Now, if that was the case, I was never notified via email or anything, and when I requested a DN form from their NOC(who they claim provided this insight) they started to ignore my emails. I never received a refund or anything.I let it go at that and gave no second thought about the 10$.

Today, i receive a message from a customer of Speed, asking for an account on my server and the cost. In any case, we started chatting and apparently EvIlBrIcK1414(aka Kanak?) has been discrediting my past services and claims I'm also buying my servers from him. To those who dont know he is partner/Rep of Speed, which explains a whole lot to me. I have included a brief log of what his views are below.

You might turn around and say im trying to take his customers?I don't care, i've shown that in the past, at least to most of you who know me. I do care, however, when im cheated and discredited and also have to watch other people go through the same.I don't care if im banned of this forum for the below, but since people are PAYING money they should have the right to see what is going on.I would encourage all those who have had similar problems to post...

EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:13:59): lol
Oreldwin (19:14:30): hmm
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:14:38): sup
Oreldwin (19:15:09): Dunno, why don't you tell me?
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:15:22): ok...
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:15:35): xnavzx (12:15:31 PM): Oreldwin says:
speeddrives can not match my service, and they are welcome to try any day
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:15:40): i dont know about that
Oreldwin (19:15:43): ofcourse.
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:15:49): alright
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:15:52): We will just see
Oreldwin (19:16:06): We don't have to, I've already seen your capabilites as a Company.
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:16:14): ok
Oreldwin (19:16:17): Even yoru current customer is disatisfied
Oreldwin (19:16:20): your*
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:16:23): who?
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:16:31): that faggot with his gay riped dbz game?
Oreldwin (19:16:34): The one you have been using as a jukebox.
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:16:44): haha
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:16:45): sad
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:16:50): that kid so so gay
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:16:58): he owns me like $75
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:17:08): kid cna't do anything
Oreldwin (19:17:32): I also have emails from Sergio stating why an account of mine was dismised and also concurrent emails by my provider asking him for his Provider records issuing the dismissal notice, which I never received ofcourse.
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:18:11): ok
Oreldwin (19:18:16): let me show ya
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:18:22): ok
Oreldwin (19:18:47): Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:03:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Byond package / account : planetb
To: [email protected], [email protected]

Hi,

I was told that my account has been deleted due to
illegal DDos activity and such. In any case, I clearly
stated, I was in no way affiliated with that action.

Furtehrmore, I spoke to the owner, who claimed he
would move me to another server.I need to know "when"
, I need my account active ASAP and HAVe already paid
for it.

I would also like a copy of the email you received
from the NOC concerning my previous account's illegal
activities. Bear in mind it's a serious offense and
accusation.

Dean Pantelios

Oreldwin (19:19:10): Where is that NoC email?
Oreldwin (19:19:21): I paid 10 us dollars and basically only received 4 days account usage
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:19:41): ok
Oreldwin (19:20:07): At worst, I'll write to YOUR provider and request it.
Oreldwin (19:20:14): and also state the reason
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:20:44): we are our provider
Oreldwin (19:21:08): you are not
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:21:14): ok w/e
EvIlBrIcK1414 (19:21:19): do what you wish to do
Oreldwin (19:21:21): You dont have enough money in your pockets to pay 400k a month
Oreldwin (19:21:32): I shall.
Oreldwin (19:21:37): BTW
Oreldwin (19:21:51): The account you banned wasn't mine, it was a service to 2 people. Dan and Nad
Oreldwin (19:22:11): You explain to them, i was going to let it go, but since you are being obnoxious, i'm going to legally request a refund. Farewell

Log of AIM concersation :
Yep speeddrives sucks!its a fraud to me.You pay in return you get a crappy service and the owner of the company Sergio doesnt know anything.Plus they never inform you of upgrades or anything.They lost my game files in a transfer they never told me about.If they did i would of backed my files.SPEEDDRIVES YOU SUCK!
Yeah, someone bought a server for my game that was coming out and we put in at least 3 support tickets to help get the account name switched...and they said they did once, and the other times they didn't. Also, you should know that Kanak is not one to be trusted...seeing as he is banned from BYOND. I think he posed as BYOND staff.
In response to N1ghtW1ng
Well, that's one of the main reasons i posted this.

I'd hate to imagine the credency of this company, especially if they are willing to "abuse" byonders in such a way.

Or perhaps they think byond is a good way to grab quick cash and hit the road, jack.
In response to Oreldwin
[link]

Maybe it was that Sergio guy who was banned, and Kanak just had an associated key with him =P.
In response to Triad
Triad wrote:
...SPEEDDRIVES YOU SUCK!...

while their 'suckage' is questionable and probably verifiable, let's please keep this thread clear of any verbal personal attacks of this nature.
In response to Triad
Triad wrote:
If they did i would of backed my files.

Well, that's certainly your fault now isn't it? Knowing people lose important stuff all the time, you'd think you'd be wise to backup stuff regularly.
In response to tenkuu
It's also not acceptable from a hosting company... That's one of their major roles.
In response to digitalmouse
lol sorry...my bad got carried away OO
In response to tenkuu
well one of their staff told me their would be no need to back up files since they were "very secure".Plus they lost it.they never informed me of a server transfer so whos fault was that!!?
In response to Forbidden Prodigies
Forbidden Prodigies wrote:
...so whos fault was that!!?

still yours to some extent, as you chose not to backup your files locally. while the host may hold some responsibility, they cannot be held accountable for your own lack of effort to maintain your own backups.
digitalmouse wrote:
Forbidden Prodigies wrote:
...so whos fault was that!!?

still yours to some extent, as you chose not to backup your files locally. while the host may hold some responsibility, they cannot be held accountable for your own lack of effort to maintain your own backups.

Or to put it another way: the first rule of backups is never trust anyone else to backup your most critical data. If it's that important, make your own personal backup aside from anything anyone else does. At a minimum, it gives you peace of mind, and at a maximum, it may save your butt.
That does not apply to transfers and modifications made by the host. Especially when there has been no warning beforehand.
In response to Mike H
Amen, brother!

I remember a MUD I was a co-developer on. We had customized and tricked out the code for a year (squishing all the memory leaks in the process- YAY!). When one day, lo and behold, the server was nowhere to be seen. Turns out they went under and took all our hard work with them. Our most recent backup was months out of date.

Lesson learned. After that, partial backups were made daily and full backups weekly. And Mistcastle.com became a punching bag in the game :-)
BYOND related fraud? How surprising!
To shed some light on this: Until tonight it appeared that Speeddrives was a key of Kanak's used to advertise the service, and that he was running it. Tonight's the first time that any real evidence has turned up that Kanak and this Sergio character are different people. Sergio's main key is apparently Dbgtx2, which wasn't clear until now. The Speeddrives and Speeddrives_hosting keys have been involved in some of Kanak's problem events, though, and he may have access to them, so they remain banned.

I stand by my statement (which N1ghtW1ng pointed out) that speeddrives is not a reputable host. It was introduced to the community by spam, and listed Kanak as the "BYOND representative"--given his past history, interpreted as another attempt to pass himself off as BYOND Staff or a close associate. Now it's perhaps slightly reasonable to suggest that a recent acquaintance wouldn't know Kanak was banned (and why) when this happened, but it's entirely clear that Dbgtx2 and Kanak have been close for a great deal longer than that, so this excuse doesn't fly.

As for Kanak, he's apparently been mostly behaving for the past month since his ban has actually made any difference. I'm not sure how much of this situation you're having is his involvement, and how much is just this Sergio character. Kanak's been trying to keep his nose clean as far as I can tell, so I'd be a little surprised (but only a little) if he has much to do with this. The real question is who EvIlBrIcK1414 is, whether it's Sergio or Kanak or somebody else.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
The real question is who EvIlBrIcK1414 is, whether it's Sergio or Kanak or somebody else.

If that is a real question.
http://developer.byond.com/people/kanak
On that page he says he is EvIlBrIcK1414.
In response to N1ghtW1ng
N1ghtW1ng wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
The real question is who EvIlBrIcK1414 is, whether it's Sergio or Kanak or somebody else.

If that is a real question.
http://developer.byond.com/people/kanak
On that page he says he is EvIlBrIcK1414.

You're right. Well, I guess that answers that then.

Not looking too good for Kanak, I guess.

Lummox JR
Oreldwin wrote:
and also placed planetbyond.com on there

Yeah, uh, so...when'll that be coming back? :-)
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
You're right. Well, I guess that answers that then.

Not looking too good for Kanak, I guess.

Lummox JR

Ouch. Well, I guess he is in a jam now =P. Well last time I talked to him, he basically told me that BYOND sucks and that he refuses to ever come back because we are a bunch of n00bs. I think I might of showed you that conversation when I was seeing if he would tell me why he was banned =P.
Page: 1 2 3 4