In response to N1ghtW1ng
So... Wait, he's not coming back to BYOND because we are ALL "n00bs"... Lummox, I think he just called you a "n00b", Tom, I think he just called you a "n00b", Dan, Mike H, Shadowdarke, Deadron, Nadrew, did you all hear that? You are all "n00bs" on the community you guys basically (in the case of dantom, actually rather than basically) built!

Heh... I've hated Kanak since he got here. I got so much pagerspam from that guy that I banned him. I think it might be time to remove his name, as I don't think he's going to be coming back.
I am really glad that you guys made this thread. I was seriously considering using speeddrives to host my game because gaku uses it to host final fantasy online, and baring a lag burp here and there it seems to be more or less reliable. However in this new light I am seriously considering starting a boycot of speeddrives for all the good it will do me.

Thanks for sheding light on the darker side of byond. If we all work together we can help end the scams and scandels that taint the name of our thriving byond comunity.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Heh... I've hated Kanak since he got here. I got so much pagerspam from that guy that I banned him. I think it might be time to remove his name, as I don't think he's going to be coming back.

Well, let's not let this turn into an "Everyone bash Kanak" thread. Better to just discuss the topic at hand.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
He also has this in his HUB:
http://greenevilleinternet.com/

Iwouldnt trust them either, and I also wouldnt trust a host that has a splash screen either.
In response to Smoko
ROFL he gave me a free shell once, then he took it away like a month later and was like "Ok you owe me x dollars, give them to me or else!"
I was like *hits the block button*
In response to Flame Sage
well basicly their not to be trusted.Join them if you want.Its your money going.
In response to Forbidden Prodigies
Okay guy I don't even know the whole issue that is going on. I am Sergio Lopez the owner of Speeddrives.com. To keep the record straight the keys that got banned were kanaks because he was replying to posts on needed hosting which byond staff took it as a spamming spree and there was a typo on out contacts page which made it look like kanak was byond staff which read "Byond rep" but we meant to say "Byond hosting rep".

The issue with the costumer who had his files lost.
1. We emailed him a few hours early about his files being transferred over to a new server.
2. He was asking to have his account reversed to a few hours before incident which is impossible as this are Linux servers and that is only capable of being done with XP.
3. We have a TOS which states we don't take responsibility for lost files reason we ask for backups to be done.
4. Another issue with you was that probably your email provider or email on account was misspelled probably reason you didn’t' receive emails because if you ask my hosting costumers they will assure you that when ever I did any type of account transfers or upgrades I let them know at least 4 to 24 hours in advance.

We are not a fraud company because we been out for about 2 years with over 100 costumers and we are not about to lower our selves to the ground and steal people of their money. Last but not least, client who we told was being ddos we told him he was getting unsuspended after the ddos would stop he asked to be removed and we don't provide refunds on byond but we did tell him we were going to restore his account he didn’t want to. We are not about to let a costumer ruin every other costumer account because when an account gets ddos it makes whole server slow and weak which can cause system failure. I read a post about someone spamming the server to see the speed on byond consoles. If there are any other questions about my services feel free to message me in AIM at speeddrives or MSN [email protected] or even email me [email protected]. Last but not least if you think I am a fraud I will give you guys an account with a 10 day money back guarantee but if you take advantage of this do not take it to use and spam and make the whole server slow on purpose to just make me look bad. Try it for the game like any other person.

Sincerely
Sergio lopez
C.E.O @ speeddrives hosting
In response to Dbgtx2
Dbgtx2 wrote:
We are not a fraud company because we been out for about 2 years with over 100 costumers

Enron was around for longer than that, and it had a far greater amount of customers. You aren't proving anything.

The incident that Oreldwin described regarding his conversation with Kanak was the absolute opposite of professionalism, and I for one, am never going to be using your service.
In response to Wizkidd0123
This thread will so get closed :P :D ^_^
In response to Loch
Sergio just shut up.You always stayed silent when I asked about my lost files and when i brought up the notification of emailing me about server transfer.Im surprised u got 100 customers cause well....your company is apauling.And that is just being nice.
And on speeddrives site it says Sergio Lopez "Here to give you a good service....you really need to change it".
In response to Forbidden Prodigies
Forbidden Prodigies wrote:
And on speeddrives site it says Sergio Lopez,Here to give you a good service....you really need to change it.

No, it says "I am here to provide you with a great service for you." Maybe I can trade an account for a grammar course? :)

Seriously though, every sentence on the front page has a spelling mistake and/or incorrect grammar. Not very credible, I must say...

/Gazoot
In response to Dbgtx2
You know, a hole in this story has been bugging me lately. How could there be "DDoS activity" on the account? DDoS stands for Distributed Denial of Service, and by definition involves multiple computers. While it's possible for a single account to be part of such an attack, it's implausible in the extreme that the actual account holder would participate rather than the user ID simply having been hijacked. Historically that's how DDoS has always gone down: trojans on hijacked systems being contacted with a target address.

Furthermore, if you run a hosting service, you can prevent DDoS attacks easily: Set your firewall to disallow outgoing connections from the account (except possibly in certain tools like PHP, which couldn't contribute to DDoS). There are certainly other tools at your disposal to ensure that DDoS attacks don't happen from your server.

So this DDoS story is completely bogus, and you should know better than to try to pass it off on a paying customer. I'm not going to hold you to a court-of-law standard of evidence, but on common sense grounds alone your story fails. It seems much more likely that, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you really believe this DDoS story, someone else told it to you who either has no clue what they're talking about, or wanted you to shut down that account. I don't think it's at all possible for you to have acted on actual direct evidence to come to this conclusion. Either that conclusion is (extremely) faulty, or you're lying; pick one.

Of course I've been reading the above as if you're contending the account holder was actually perpetrating or actively involved with the DDoS. Your post seems to imply that he may have been a victim, in which case, why would you shut down his account? You can't justify it if he was the victim; it's not a valid reason.

Moreover, why in the world would your "BYOND hosting rep" be someone you knew was banned from BYOND? (You're too close as associates for you not to have known that.) Does that make any sense? Kanak can't reasonably contact BYOND Staff--who aren't about to do him any favors--nor does he have any significant access to do anything for your customers, and his acting in that capacity during the ban only adds a tinge of shadiness to your service. This is like hiring Ken Lay as your SEC liaison. If putting him in charge of the BYOND hosting accounts didn't seem like a bad idea before, then after the conversation Oreldwin posted it certainly should now.

Lummox JR
In response to Gazoot
for all that don't know DDOS is when someone attacks a server or in his case a file well you coudl say he was getting spamed then. On the acpahe status 1 of his files was being used meaning it was showing up as being ran many times.

I wasn't being quiet because I kept on reypling to your files issues. You talked to me and some other of my techs.
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Dbgtx2 wrote:
We are not a fraud company because we been out for about 2 years with over 100 costumers

Enron was around for longer than that, and it had a far greater amount of customers. You aren't proving anything.

The incident that Oreldwin described regarding his conversation with Kanak was the absolute opposite of professionalism, and I for one, am never going to be using your service.

Kanak is a fourteen year old that somehow has connections and can get intouch with people. How he became a member of SpeedDrives.com is clueless to me, especially when you start to think of why such an immature person such as Kanak would be accepted by a so called "professional" company. Rather you're only thinking to yourself, he plays an Internet Gaming program, and knows a lot of people that can be potential customers, which just means all you do care about is money either way you see it. Setting his title as "BYOND Rep" is bad on your part, and not fixing it sooner is also bad on your part. Claiming Dean(Oreldwin) was DDoS doesn't make sense, because the fact still remains, he can't do that. Back on Kanak, when Kanak get's into a bind that he knows he can't get out of, he gets nervous and acts as if he doesn't care, as you clearly see. SpeedDrives.com is obviously not that popular of a hosting company, and popularity can result of questions, questions such as why it's not to popular, then you read this and put two and two together. Now it's making sense. As for anything stating you don't refund, where exactly does it say that? Also, why exactly wouldn't you refund? Not very confident in your hosting abilities so you you've set a precaution incase something goes wrong you still get some money? Come on now, what are you hiding?
In response to Dbgtx2
Dbgtx2 wrote:
for all that don't know DDOS is when someone attacks a server or in his case a file well you coudl say he was getting spamed then. On the acpahe status 1 of his files was being used meaning it was showing up as being ran many times.

This was clearly not a DDOS. DDOS stands for Distributed Denial of Service, and means that hundreds of computers all over the internet suddenly start sending connection request packets to the victim as fast as their internet connections can handle. The victim can't handle that many connection requests that fast, is swamped under the load, and starts rejecting some of the connections. This makes it impossible for the server to handle other people's connections.

From what I can decipher out of your gobbledegook post, you suspended his account because someone was repeatedly refreshing one of his pages. WTF?! Firstly, he's the victim. Block the IP address that's refreshing the page if you must, but punishing the victim is the LAST thing any reputable hosting company would do. Clearly, speeddrives.com is not a reputable hosting company. Secondly, get your terms straight. Don't throw around acronyms when you don't know what they mean.

If somebody wanted to sue you over your abuse of the money they paid you, they would probably win. Call yourself a hosting company? More like an elaborate scam.
In response to Crispy
No you don't undestand Many connections from many diff ips were connecting to the same file understand. yeah no way 1 person coudl press refresh so much that would block any other connection to come in.
In response to Dbgtx2
Assuming you're telling the truth here, suspending his account helped with that... how? Any benefit would have been matched by simply temporarily renaming the file in question.
In response to Dbgtx2
Dbgtx2 wrote:
No you don't undestand Many connections from many diff ips were connecting to the same file understand. yeah no way 1 person coudl press refresh so much that would block any other connection to come in.

Uhm, you can hold down f3 to refresh. So yeah.

~>Jiskuha
In response to Crispy
It helped how you ask well the file couldn't be reached because when an account gets suspended it doesn't load for the one trying to get it. and by pressing f3 doens't load the amount that the server was hitting and like I said it was many ips not just 1. Also when something like that happens the bandwidth gets used up aswell.
In response to Dbgtx2
Once again, WHY punish the victim. I will not use your service either as well.

~>Jiskuha
Page: 1 2 3 4