ID:186953

Hail Byonders,

I'd like to apologize to certain individuals who were customers of Dynehost.com and still had prepaid time on their accounts.

Due to unfortunate circumstances, both RL and mostly a hectic business life; I was unable to be around, as much as I needed to be. I will be restarting the Byond Hosting, under a Different company name, as I now have a partner. That alone signifies that there will always be someone around to deal with issues.

I will gradually be restoring paid accounts and contributing a 3 month free bonus time, in order to hopefuly compensate for the downtime. Obviously, that only applies to people who still want their time on ex-Dynehost.

Feel free to contact me on my personal email [email protected] for further details.

Yet, again, I deeply apologize for any inconvenience...

Oreldwin

P.S Any service I offered for free, will ofcourse be restored.
Good to hear that you're back! Is planetBYOND coming back too, Oreldwin?
In response to Wizkidd0123
Yes it will be restored. :)
Uhm, I moved planetBYOND.com over to my server for HavenMaster, and he said it was okay... but It's awaiting approval, so if Haven can like... decide if he wants to remain on Dynehost or not,that'll be great. Heh.
In response to AZA
Sounds like some bad mistakes, when you take someones' money and you make a buisness out of it, you HAVE to be there.

Its like a normal job. Just cause you don't want to go to work, or you don't feel well, dosen't mean you can ditch you duties.

It also kinda sounds like this "Company" is run out of the house, and that alone, I myself wouldnt trust.
In response to AZA
Haven is going to need to contact me, as the domain is still under my name.

Transfer is required.
In response to Shades
You have a point, I guess.

But this aforementioned "company", did also provide a lot more than other companies did to it's users.Whether it was forgoing monthly fees and providing free ventures to the public, like PlanetByond.com.

I spent more time personally dealing with EACH customer, setting up their shell and doing all the work for them, in most cases. I eventually had no time to do it, that's life. I'm not alone anymore, is what I was trying to make understood.

I never looked at Dynehost as a company, it made no profit.Consider the server specs and put it all together with a dbase of maybe 5 PAYING byond users out of the 25 I had.

You sum it up...

Oreldwin
In response to Shades
The fact that he acknowledged his mistakes in not maintaining his business enough and is refunding customers is high note enough to let you know that this business is something you could trust, and that counts for more if he actually goes through it. I don't see any problem with what he's doing, as long as his customers are refunded and treated properly then this is just a small blemish. In fact, this makes me put more faith into his company, not the fact that he messed up with it, but the fact that he realised his mistake and fixed it, and generously enough gave back to his customers.
In response to Oreldwin
I know, I hit the transfer button, and I was told it sent off an e-mail for confirmation.
In response to Oreldwin
Disregard that. I have no need to transfer PB if you're still hosting it. My e-mail is [email protected] Let me know what's happening.
What is the new sites name?
In response to Strawgate
New dns name, once it starts resolving will be byomhost.com

http://www.byomhost.com , perhaps not the best of names, but the service is what matters.
In response to Oreldwin
still offering anything free?
In response to Oreldwin
Oreldwin wrote:
http://www.byomhost.com , perhaps not the best of names, but the service is what matters.

Out of curiousity, where did the name come from?
In response to Wizkidd0123
byomhost=

Byond Oreldwin & Mars Hosting Services

.....i know...:D
In response to Oreldwin
why not just make it "Beyond mars"

*snickers*

~Pile of Straw
In response to Oreldwin
Oreldwin wrote:
Yes it will be restored. :)

When, exactly, will planetBYOND return? =)
In response to Oreldwin
I'm told that a confirmation e-mail was sent to [email protected], so if that could be checked and refused, that'll be great.