ID:1869713

For any BYOND veterans that remember it, I recently found the host files for Lode Wars by Leftley and uploaded them to the hub here. Enjoy :)
I miss Lode Wars, but that saving bug ruined it every time I got into it.
Yea I wish I could get the games resources, I would fix that in a heartbeat and reupload
One alternative to the saving bug is to simply have the server always set everyone's level to a high number (10 or so) and give everyone the max cash.
It's no fun if round progression is basically meaningless, half the fun of the game was managing to work hard enough to survive enough rounds and have all the fancy swag.
Kind of like MLAAS....
I was only recently introduced to Lode Wars a few months ago and I didn't know BYOND had games like it. It's an impressive game. (:
Lode Wars is easily my favorite BYOND game of all time.
One of these days I'll make a polished remake of Lode Wars... maybe even borrow the same lore and races, if that's not illegal.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
One of these days I'll make a polished remake of Lode Wars... maybe even borrow the same lore and races, if that's not illegal.

Quite a few of us have talked about that before, including Lummox.

I doubt Leftley would mind, he probably wouldn't even care if you remade it exactly (with the polish). I'm down for that project if anyone wants to do it in their spare time.
Count me in. I'll pitch in as the GM.
I'd gladly kick art in to any serious Lode Wars remake.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:

yassssss
though there are a bunch of parts of the game that need to be redesigned :[
I don't usually do this, but I'll throw my hat in the ring for helping out as well. I don't know how often or how much I could contribute, but I planned to make my own version of LodeWars at some point any way so I figure why not chip in if people here are really gonna make this happen?

Ter is a better bet for art, but I can contribute in that area, or in programming, or even mapping. I'm also down for styling a website if someone wants to make a dedicated web page or website, maybe put this into the webclient, and blow it all up that much.

Edit: I actually took a swing at it about 1-2+ years ago, only put in a couple hours and this looks pretty bad given my skill level back then but I do kind of like the player unit.

Figured I'd share it for laughs, and potential inspiration.