ID:1869931

Ok , discovred something very strange and it is : BYOND now can freez laptops (dunno if it is only for me or for all laptops) while using it (i have no clue why)

but before starting here is some information about my laptop and my 2nd laptop :
1st laptop
Specs:
2gb ram

Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU @ 2.00GHz

Windows 7 ultimate

2nd laptop
Specs :
6gb ram
intale core(TM)2 Duo (thats all what i know about this part)
Windows 7 ultimate

after we talked abit about my laptop lets talk more about the propelm :
when did this happen
After Updating BYOND (my laptop kept freezing but i didn't know the BYOND was the reason that time)

did this happen before updating?
No

did you track your CPU while using BYOND
Yes , i use Faster Now and i tested every programe on my laptop
At the end FasterNow said that BYOND could crash/freez my laptop and it was true

was the CPU at the 100% ?
No , it was around 30% to 60% but BYOND was marked red (means danger) on FasterNow

How did the proplem start?
using the dreamseeker or dreammaker

was there any programes running while using BYOND ?
No

does it happen on the 2nd laptop in the same way?
Yes

If you need more information i can go try geting more.
Two things:

1) You didn't mention which versions of BYOND were involved, nor which games or projects.

2) What is FasterNow? Is that one of those programs that's supposed to diagnose PC issues? Most of those are highly suspect, or even malware themselves.
1)BYOND version :507.1286
Games : SS13,Misturii high and TWC
Projects : SS13 and TWW

2)FasterNow is a app comes with a programe called Baidu PC faster
and i don't think so.. i was using that since 2012 and it made my PC faster. (however , going to try to turn it off and run BYOND without it)
In response to Maxsteel13
Maxsteel13 wrote:

and i don't think so.. i was using that since 2012 and it made my PC faster. (however , going to try to turn it off and run BYOND without it)

Nice ..

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/baidu-pc-faster-virus/
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Maxsteel13 wrote:

Nice ..

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/baidu-pc-faster-virus/

it is not a virus... i checked it with microsoft secuirty twice and it didn't say anything about a virus
also.. i downloaded baidu , it didn't come with a download or something...

and i turned it off and checked BYOND and my laptop crashed.
You still shouldn't be trusting those kinds of programs, Maxsteel. They have a horrible reputation for a reason. And if you read that link, it does not say that the program had to be bundled in with software for you to download it, nor did it say that it actually is a virus. (The later parts of the page do use the term "virus" a little too liberally, though.) What the link did say was that the program does lots of intrusive things to your system. Those kinds of programs are notorious. Get rid of it; it's not doing you any favors and you could be using real security software in its place.

You haven't actually said what's crashing, either. Are you getting a BSOD? That's almost always a driver problem, or it could be because of this program messing with the OS. Is the whole OS freezing? It's possible something in the OS is messed up, especially because you're using a program that does very invasive things to the system.

On the low-memory laptop I could see it crashing if BYOND is using a ton of memory, which certain games might--particularly if hosting. 2 GB of memory isn't adequate at all to run Windows 7 in the first place, so unless you're running a really low-intensity app, expect crashes there anyway--especially, again, because of this Baidu thing. On the 6 GB laptop, that's still not wonderful memory for Windows 7 but it's at least workable.
well i removed it and now i am trying BYOND without baidu
but it dosn't make sense that i was using BYOND and baidu last years and nothing like that happened

as to the freez my laptop froze , everything was frozen (even the mouse) so i dunno what was that.
Windows 7 can easily handle majority of BYOND games with 2GB memory. This all depends on the background processes you have going on. I went from a P4 Single-Core(w/Hyperthreading) 2.8GHz with 1GB DDR2 RAM which would run Windows 7 32-Bit and BYOND games great (except for transparent interfaces since the PC only had 8MB VRAM) to a Pentium E2220 Dual-Core 2.4GHz with 3GB DDR2 RAM and an nVidia GT 610 w/Dual Monitors, which is running Windows 7 64-Bit flawlessly (except for Google Chrome with it's terrible notorious memory leaks) with every BYOND game I've thrown at it, with Skype, HWMonitor, Dream Maker Compiling, Steam, etc. I also have an Intel i5 Quad-Core 2.8GHz with 6GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon R9 270x which couldn't tell the difference in BYOND game performance compared to the Pentium E2220 setup.

As far as that particular software, don't use it. Don't use any of them. They're only doing what you can do yourself, but you're allowing a program access to various different computer systems that you don't want 3rd Party software meddling in. You wouldn't want to give your car to someone to say "Hey, make my car better, but in the meantime do whatever you want." and then the person goes and sells your car information to other 3rd Parties (because you agreed to the Terms of Service and this is the typical and highly-common practice that these software making "companies" are doing. They take your computer information to sell to 3rd Parties for advertisement/marketing research for profit so they can keep their server/website up to have more people download the software), and install a GPS tracker, a remote shut-off panel, and then they finally put new tires on, change your oil and filters, and crammed unnecessary "magic" fluids in your car.

Lookup how to make your computer perform better. There's a boat-load of things you can do from hardware (installing/upgrading better components which is possible in most laptops since you can switch from a HDD to SSD, increase or replace RAM for higher speed and more capacity, swap the CPU out for a better processor, etc. etc.), overclocking (I wouldn't recommend it since you're using a pretty consumer-grade laptop), or even doing the functions yourself that the programs are which generally involves shutting down un-needed background processes, switching certain appearances settings (like window animations, etc.) off, and so on. You can even go a step above and setup a schedule for this using Microsoft's built-in Task Scheduler.

Going back to the laptop crashing, have you checked the temperatures? Lots of laptops freeze/shutdown because CPU/GPU temperatures reach ridiculous (because of poorly designed consumer-grade cooling) temperatures (40-50C is about the maximum you want your CPU/GPU to be at. Anything more than that and you're risking the thermal compound they put on to melt and become useless. Either that or I'm going to assume you're hitting the capacity your laptop can handle as far as performance (see paragraph above relating to 'computer perform better') and Window's explorer.exe is freezing/crashing because lack of memory with the other programs/processes you have running.
i checked the temperature , it is not really that hot
anyways removing baidu didn't solve the proplem but i did few things before trying to open BYOND again , one of them maybe solved the proplem
-Clear BYOND cache
-Updating Windows
-Upgrading my ram ( it is 3gbs now )

so dunoo wich one fixed BYOND. (P.S : BYOND's data was almost about 1gb)