Happy 22, Higoten. Seems like yesterday we were a lot younger messing around in HM:TR.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Happy 22, Higoten. Seems like yesterday we were a lot younger messing around in HM:TR.

wow, Harvest Moon. I remember playing that a long time ago on byond with Gotrax and a few other dudes
awsome
Psst. The Skrimish link is broken. ;)
For those interested Skirmites out there, I've been making some changes in combat and health management. I've decided against using health slots and converted over to a more traditional health meter format and made some minor changes to stat displays for overlays so they look a little cleaner. Also should be noted that I've broken down NPCs into different categories based on their aggression type: Passive (won't attack at all), Neutral (attack only when provoked), and Aggressive (attacks any nearby target). It should also be noted that NPCs have an alignment variable that determines which "side" they fight for. NPCs will not attack friendlies unless close to being killed by said friendly.

@Kumorii we want gifs!
For those interested in my game this week I have completed a bush, a very pretty bush however. I may even put some berries on it for some more emmersive bush
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
@Kumorii we want gifs!

Tell me how to record them and you've got it!
Licecap

EDIT: Though I must admit, that ScreenToGif looks interesting. I might need to check that out.
Have three random gifs of stuff! I'm mapping out a new area of the map that consists of a series of small islands in the middle of a lake that are connected by bridges. I'm playing with the idea of making each island a guild-claimable territory like the four kingdoms, but on a smaller scale. Like maybe making them your guild's default spawn and adding small guild houses or something. That's a bit down the road, though!

why does it go from day time to night time in like 10 seconds on the last gif, thats even faster than minecraft
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
why does it go from day time to night time in like 10 seconds on the last gif, thats even faster than minecraft

Still early in development so that's like that for testing time specific dialogue and stuff.
Have one more just 'cause.
are we posting gifs now

LET THE GIF BATTLE COMMENCE
fine, one more.

Combat is still far far from polished, but it looks pretty.
You made me realize that we've not set up the necromancer's spells yet, Doohl. It's supposed to send a shield out to all nearby skeletons that grants invulnerability until it's killed.

Also, spotted an animation bug in the second .gif, just after a fireball is sent out. The rapid strike glitz is active but I see no stabbing. Weird, didn't come across that at all.

Also, anyone posting a .gif should check out http://giphy.com/ so my poor browser doesn't lag. Compression is nice.

But yeah, Severed is going well! We've continued to make daily progress and improve the game as we expand content and polish/add features. It's going to be sort of difficult to make development posts in the coming months since we're going to be focusing on quest content and that spoils the game for those waiting to play. We'll most likely remain quiet for the most part outside of the odd dev post and teaser on Facebook.
looking at severed worlds and skirmish it looks so pretty. I need an artist :(

The smokescreens I'm overly proud of are still here, too. (;
Page: 1 2 3 4 5