ID:1871697

So currently my game is running 26% of my cpu and is frozen at run time. The last change i made was deleting some variables that were unused and redoing my instancing code for dungeons.

So on run time, it freezes, no second sooner. My game still at a blank white screen before loading anything. So what did i do? well i made it so when i make a new character it does nothing. Litterally nothing. commented out all the code. Still this happens
You have an infinite loop somewhere. It's not necessarily in character creation that you have to look. Anything that starts in world/New(), or in New() for any atom in the world, would have to be checked too.
yes its new for player finally got the errors showing. Dont know what would cause it.

runtime error: bad client
proc name: New (/mob/player/New)
source file: MainMob.dm,78

it repeats that a bunch. There is no problems with line 78, and no loops within new player
line78 : winshow(usr,"unfinished",0)
usr isn't valid in mob/New(). Although client/New() will set usr (IIRC), you shouldn't rely on it there at all.
In response to Lummox JR
yes but ive tried to use src, no luck there. I must have changed something while not knowing. God this is frustrating haha. Last time i run it i had none of these problems. the things i was working on shouldnt have caused them either
In response to Lummox JR
okay i fixed it, i was kinda transferring from client from the mob to mob/player in a poor way. Maybe the latest update i downloaded just made that poor way into a non doable way. Either way changing it a bit seems to have it fixed thank god.

or heck maybe a copied and pasted over something by accident which why it looked poor. Either way i found the problem

thanks for the assistance lummox JR