ID:1872342

what was the best thing you did with the DM ?
like ignoring flick() and making your own anmation system , ignoring BYOND's laws and creating epic light systems , etc

Mine :
Ignoring the flick() and creating my own anmation system (since i don't even remember how do i use the flick() )
however , it was a pain to create it since it needs me to create big texturs and had to programe every one frame to frame to frzme
ended up by me programing over 200 frames
after testing it , i found that it is better (but uses alot of space)

so what crazy things you did with the DM?
Absolutely nothing.

/Edit:
I guess the "craziest" thing I've ever done was back in the early days I completely delete a whole entire project because I forgot to put a ) and I couldn't find where.
One time I hit delete to remove a tab I didn't need.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
One time I hit delete to remove a tab I didn't need.

The tab cried for days.
I once "ripped"(ie:downloaded leaked source) a source. Just about as crazy as it gets around here.
I once used 'the DM' to hijack some government controlled databases, and then blackmailed them to give me some secret DM codes that totally ignore BYOND's laws.

Those were my crazy days

I wrote a full 3D AABB collision system in DM. Runs like a charm.

http://pastebin.com/5u7AMDKB

^This isn't averaged, BTW. This is total over about 20 minutes. There's still room for optimizations, but given the fact that I can pull >20K calls before we start even seeing negligible CPU impact, I'm calling it good.

Excuse the bleach project. I wrote this for someone else at their request.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

I wrote a full 3D AABB collision system in DM. Runs like a charm.

http://pastebin.com/5u7AMDKB

^This isn't averaged, BTW. This is total over about 20 minutes. There's still room for optimizations, but given the fact that I can pull >20K calls before we start even seeing negligible CPU impact, I'm calling it good.

Excuse the bleach project. I wrote this for someone else at their request.

If only the shadows weren't flat. Your part worms beautifully, though.
If only the shadows weren't flat. Your part worms beautifully, though

Honestly, I don't like dynamic shadows for that reason. It heavily restricts what you can do.
i one time made a duck
In response to Ter13
I don't know, I think I might have to say dancing guy is probably the better achievement.
I don't know, I think I might have to say dancing guy is probably the better achievement.

Lol, that's just an NPC I rigged up on a loop to test the combo system I wrote. Punch+Punch+Punch = Uppercut
Probably the AI in Skirmish. They can navigate obstacles, account for different(pre-defined) personality types, recognize friend from foe, and when I finish the next little tweak they'll be able to work together to flank a mutual target from different directions (like wolves flanking a target from the sides and rear, for example).
Admittedly, your AI in skirmish makes me slightly moist, Kumorii.

And that's coming from someone who has put >2 years of work and research into AI design.
One time, I wrote a program to do various math problems for me. Made homework super easy.

Yes I know both of these are simple things to do.
@Ganite, you are on the right track with all of that, that's for sure.
In response to Ter13
Thanks! Trying my best to change the way the DBZ combat is on BYOND.

I'm also glad I finally got the CPU to stay around 0-1 when playing alone. Can't wait til I can start testing more openly and getting more feedback from everyone.

EDIT: Mind telling me what GIF recorder you used? Gyazo messes up the image.
Licecap.
Page: 1 2