ID:1872469

(See the best response by MisterPerson.)
Code:
animate(src,transform=matrix()*1.9,time=3)
animate(alpha=0,time=14)

Problem description:
I do not understand what I am doing wrong. The object does not behave the way I am expecting. I want animate() to increase the objects size for a time of three 1/10ths seconds, than fade away for fourteen 1/10ths seconds. I know I am doing something wrong so, can someone please help me achieve the effect I want?
Best response
Instead of doing transform=matrix()*1.9, do transform=matrix(1.9,MATRIX_SCALE)
Well, the first animation runs when you comment out the second one, so I'm thinking this is just a BYOND bug.
What is happening when you try it, and which BYOND version are you using?
In response to Lummox JR
Well, if both animate() have the same length, the object disappears completely. If I set the first timer less than the second timer, the first animate() quickly finishes and the second animate() starts half way into the animation. As for the byond version, I would have to get back to you on that later today.
They definitely shouldn't be happening simultaneously. I want to know the version in case something changed, but also there was a bug in 508.1287 with animate().
In response to Lummox JR
I am using the 5.0 build version 507.1286
In response to Blader83
You need to update to the latest 508 series for numerous reasons including hub connectivity. Update and tell us if the bug still shows up.
In response to Kumorii
Even after updating the bug still appears. The icon goes invisible the length of the first animate() and then reappears midway into the second animate().