ID:1874767

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've noticed that many requests on the features list are set to open, however some have been reviewed and have been responded to by the devs who appear to be considering the feature and looking into it's implementation.

It's impossible to know whether or not it is being considered, however, without reading through the replies, which can be several pages long.

I suggest a new Feature Request Status that accounts for Open feature requests that are not resolved but are possibly going to be resolved, or possibly going to be considered redundant or not feasible.

"Under Consideration" (Or something of a similar verbiage) will allow users to know ahead of time that these features are being inspected.

It follows a similar logic as the "Unverified" status for the Bug Report forum, which entails that a Bug has been noticed and needs further review before being recognized.
You make a good point. In the past we had more statuses and then Tom thought it was actually doing us more harm than good. The only thing I'm concerned about is that marking a feature as under consideration could be overpromising, if that feature never materializes.
That's a very good point, it wouldn't be too beneficial to get peoples hopes up over something that may not ever come to fruition. Perhaps reserve it for changes that are a sure thing but have long development time?