ID:1875019

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
It seems as though forum searches don't search through code blocks, or at least it didn't seem to for me. Any way to set that up?
I've never noticed this; they should appear in the searches as far as I'm aware.
Well, I was searching for 'define is faster' to find the original version of this, and neither of them show up in my search.
Maybe this is more of a bug report... I find it hard to believe that in 20 years, nobody has used the terms 'neither of them' in a post, and it isn't showing the post I just made either.
Okay, searching "define is faster", with quotation marks works. Without quotes, nothing comes up. Same for "neither of them".
I think the 2-letter word is the problem. For some reason it's not going through in a search. Oddly, it is not throwing query errors into the log, but I have to believe this is a function of the site move.
Search strings have always been limited to 3 characters or more here, the code for that probably snuck in. It's always a good idea to limit those things anyways, if someone searches for "the" it's gonna murder the database server.
We should be handling 3+ in the index. It's the 2 that's the issue. I'll take a look sometime at the query and see why it's failing silently.
I think I actually brought this up with Tom at one point because I noticed similar search failures, it just came up in a conversation we were having and I didn't post a report because the conversation moved elsewhere and it slipped my mind.