ID:1876047

BYOND Version:508.1289
Operating System:Windows 8.1 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 43.0.2357.124
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Demo: http://puu.sh/is3IS/0faa2458f4.zip

1. Double-click a turf, keeping the mouse button held.
2. While keeping the mouse still, move with the arrow keys. MouseMove() is called while you're moving. (Is that correct?)
3. You can stop moving now. When you move your mouse, nothing is called. There's no way to detect mouse movement in this case. (Problem!)
Dragging is all built around the single click, so this doesn't actually surprise me. I'm not sure to what extent this is a bug or simply a missing feature, but I can look into it.

The long under-the-hood explanation as to what's going on is that a routine called BeginDrag() is called on mousedown, but Windows has a completely different message for double-clicks and we handle that in a different function. What I don't know yet is why BeginDrag() apparently isn't being called, or isn't initiating a drag, on the second mousedown. (I'm not even sure a double-click counts as a double-click if there's no release on the second click.)
In response to Lummox JR
Thing is, a mouse-aimed shooter needs to know where the mouse cursor is at all times (e.g. for automatic weapons' sustained fire), regardless of the state of the mouse buttons. If there's ever a situation where the mouse's position cannot be determined, that's a problem. Imagine shooting your way through hordes of whatever, and your gun is suddenly stuck in one position because moving your mouse isn't changing its direction.

All I need in terms of mouse detection is screen coordinates in pixels (none of that "x:px,y:py" junk, I want two separate numbers or a built-in vector data type). From that and client.view, I can get vector from the center of the screen to the mouse pointer and set the aiming angle with atan2. If you ever have the time to make this process any easier, please do.
Bump: Mouse movement after double-clicking can't be tracked. I guess moving the camera isn't necessary.

This is one reason why Pondera doesn't have ranged weapons or drag and drop inventory. Can't make a decent system because half the functions that one I would make, don't work! (Plus I can't make a decent ranged system for crossbows/longbows/etc)
Bump. Any word on this?
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Bump. Any word on this?

Doesn't seem like it; not yet anyway.