ID:187771

Why the hell was my post deleted for [link], it showed a perfectly good code to help him on what he was doing and a moderator went and deleted it! How pleasant!

[edit] and now i find my past posts to help flame sage in [link] where deleted.

Dont you just love moderators who cant do their jobs?

[edit 2] woopee, 2 days of posts got deleted that where on topic and not flames.
--Goz
Goz wrote:
Why the hell was my post deleted for [link], it showed a perfectly good code to help him on what he was doing and a moderator went and deleted it! How pleasant!

It was primarily deleted for bumping up a very old thread, but since we have not made the rules clear on that I consider this a mistake. That post has been restored.

[edit] and now i find my past posts to help flame sage in [link] where deleted.

Those posts were inflammatory. That is not tolerated here.

Dont you just love moderators who cant do their jobs?

The moderators and other BYOND volunteers are working very hard to make the community a more friendly place. They do this on their own time and often get flamed for it. Please try to be more tolerant regarding their judgement calls.
In response to Tom
Tom, what happened to dan?
In response to Jermman
Jermman wrote:
Tom, what happened to dan?

He is currently occupied with other things, but we hope to get him more involved in the project soon.
In response to Tom

Indeed. i apologize for the childish comment about the moderators however the "Crappy programming" was referring to infinite loops and such.

--Goz
In response to Tom
SO you mean he isnt in nadrews basement! wow! =p
Goz wrote:

The code wasn't entirely correct; you hard-coded the port instead of using world.port. But that aside, it didn't really seem to be adding anything important enough to justify exhuming that thread. The person you thought you were helping had moved on 2 months ago.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Yes i knew it was not entirely correct because i never used world port. However he never mentioned wanting to use world.port so i did the example as he wanted.

Moved on? Ah oh well; So basically my question has been answered sorry for the trouble gentlemen.

--Goz
In response to Jermman
"He is currently occupied with other things", Nadrew's basement is a possibility.